"If we decide that we're not going to proceed we will not hold on to the shares", IAG CEO Willie Walsh said on an analyst call on Friday. Vueling was particularly affected and incurred an additional €20 million of disruption costs in the quarter.
"These strikes are also having a significant negative impact on the Spanish economy and tourism", he added.
Another challenge facing the group is industrial action and as part of that IAG has joined rivals Ryanair and EasyJet in filing a complaint with the European Commission about strikes by French air traffic controllers.
"Although the trading environment may not be as supportive as previous year, with toughening unit revenue comparatives and rising fuel prices, we see IAG as the best positioned of the network carriers to deal with these potential challenges", they said.
The company, which also owns the Iberia, Vueling and Aer Lingus airlines, posted operating profit before exceptional items of 835 million euros ($967.51 million), slightly behind a consensus forecast of 848 million euros.
"In July, Level started flights from Paris Orly to Montreal and Guadeloupe", added Walsh.
The long-haul fleet will grow to seven A330-200 aircraft in Paris and Barcelona next year.
At current fuel prices and exchange rates, IAG still expects its operating profit for 2018 to show an increase year-on-year.
However, the future of Level may well be thrown into doubt should IAG complete its proposed takeover of Norwegian. Nothing concrete has materialized and Bjorn Kjos, the CEO of Norwegian, has since said other airlines are interested in doing a deal as well.
"There's some good news on this front, with costs falling at a faster rate than we've seen recently". "There is a demand for the product they offer - low haul, low-cost is underserved". We haven't had any discussions with them since April.
In April, IAG acquired a 4.6 per cent stake of the struggling low-priced carrier with a view to starting takeover discussions.
- Saturday marks first-ever Barack Obama Day in IL
- Hitman is a good get for Xbox Game Pass
- Labour's anti-Semitism row: Jeremy Corbyn apology
- Smith College Employee Called Police On Black Student Eating Lunch
- Man Arrested After Allegedly Taunting Yellowstone Bison In Viral Video
- Michael Jordan responds to Donald Trump tweet
- MLB Rumors: Angels Manager Mike Scioscia To Step Down After This Season
- Canada Overcomes Trump's Metal Tariffs With Record Exports
- Fortnite on Android will not use Google Play as a distribution platform
- Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie had huge fight over shoes