Campbell was visiting NY with his parents.
A family from Stillwater, Oklahoma, on vacation in New York City, made a horrifying discovery on Sunday: Sitting on a bench overlooking the East River, they were disturbed to find the body of a baby boy floating, face-up in only a diaper, near the Brooklyn Bridge. Her husband, Monte, waded into shallow water near the Manhattan shoreline, retrieved the baby and started CPR.
Police say it wasn't immediately clear why the child was in the water, and no parent or guardian was present.
Tourists from Oklahoma saw the baby around 4 p.m. and Monte Campbell went into the water to get him, his wife told Pix 11.
A medical examiner is working to determine the cause of death.
According to The New York Times, the family had just taken a ferry trip to the Statue of Liberty and were sitting on a bench by the river making dinner plans.Читайте также: National Weather Service issues red tide warning for SWFL beaches; Collier included
Police say the child was found laying on an embankment at the water's edge. The child is believed to have been approximately 8 months old.
"That's when I spotted the baby".
Police arrived just minutes later and brought the baby onto the pedestrian walkway where they continued CPR until EMS responded.
The baby was rushed to the hospital where he died.
Mrs Campbell said she took photos of him in the hope that they would help to find his parents.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Australia announces extra $140 million aid package for drought-hit farmers
- Serena Williams withdraws from Rogers Cup
- Trump, Jerry Brown make dueling claims on cause of California fires
- Women's Month: Mothers are encouraged to breastfeed regardless of HIV status
- Trump Acknowledges Son Sought Clinton Dirt From Russians
- Beyoncé's iconic Vogue cover is here - Twitter goes beserk
- Demi Lovato Released From Hospital After Reported Overdose
- Ethiopian soldiers clash with local troops
- China unveils additional retaliatory tariffs on $60bn of U.S. goods
- Mysterious very big rogue planet spotted lurking outside our solar system