According to CBS News, a cleaning crew found the fetus around 6 a.m.in the plane's bathroom. The gruesome discovery wasn't made until early on Tuesday morning, when the out-of-service jet was parked inside an airport hangar, according to law enforcement officials.
NY reported the plane, flight number 1942, departed Charlotte, NC on Monday night and arrived at LaGuardia late Monday night.
Fetus was thought to be 5 months along.
Aja Worthy-Davis, a spokesperson for New York City's Office of the Chief Medical Examiner told USA TODAY the department is "investigating what we believe to be a human fetus found deceased on an airplane".
They instead turned all questions over to the Queens District Attorney's Office which is yet to make a statement.
The account later tweeted to a frustrated customer that planes may be delayed "due to the medical needs of a customer".
- Woman helps man short on cash, finds out he’s Keith Urban
- PM-in-waiting Imran Khan to stay at Punjab House
- Kroenke set to buyout Usmanov in £1.8 billion Arsenal deal
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launched from Cape Canaveral
- Scotland’s weather: Summer could stretch into October
- Slay queens resort to plastic surgery to look like Snapchat filters
- Syrian scientist killed in apparent car-bomb attack
- India vs England, 2nd Test: Dawid Malan, Ben Stokes of England squad
- ‘Holy crap!’ Video shows breaching great white shark startle researcher
- Elon Musk considers taking Tesla private as stock jumps