According to CBS News, a cleaning crew found the fetus around 6 a.m.in the plane's bathroom. The gruesome discovery wasn't made until early on Tuesday morning, when the out-of-service jet was parked inside an airport hangar, according to law enforcement officials.
NY reported the plane, flight number 1942, departed Charlotte, NC on Monday night and arrived at LaGuardia late Monday night.
Fetus was thought to be 5 months along.
Aja Worthy-Davis, a spokesperson for New York City's Office of the Chief Medical Examiner told USA TODAY the department is "investigating what we believe to be a human fetus found deceased on an airplane".
They instead turned all questions over to the Queens District Attorney's Office which is yet to make a statement.
The account later tweeted to a frustrated customer that planes may be delayed "due to the medical needs of a customer".
- Elderly Men, Missing From Old-Age Home, Found At Heavy Metal Concert
- Pentagon restricts use of fitness trackers, other electronic devices that reveal locations
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launched from Cape Canaveral
- ‘Holy crap!’ Video shows breaching great white shark startle researcher
- Woman helps man short on cash, finds out he’s Keith Urban
- Elon Musk considers taking Tesla private as stock jumps
- DSS pulls out of n’assembly after sack of DG
- Ahmed Shehzad dropped from Pakistan Cricket Board’s central contracts
- Spanish man gets 10 years for raping German boy sold for sex
- PM-in-waiting Imran Khan to stay at Punjab House