Infographic KSA, a Saudi verified Twitter account that has more than 35,000 followers and another 88,000 on Instagram, tweeted on Monday an image that showed an Air Canada airplane heading toward Toronto's CN Tower.
Here's how we got there: While we've been digesting the news that Saudi Arabia has been using USA aid in Yemen and making alliances with Osama Bin Laden's weak-but-intact terror franchisees, the Saudis got into a fight with our neighbors to the north over women's rights - specifically, whether to have any.
A pro-government Saudi Twitter account then provoked outrage when it posted - and then deleted - a 9/11-style digitally altered image showing a plane flying towards the Toronto skyline. Saudi Arabia's media ministry said it was investigating the incident.
But Canada has stood firm, with Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland insisting it would defend human rights around the world.
"The Kingdom views the Canadian position as an affront to the Kingdom that requires a sharp response to prevent any party from attempting to meddle with Saudi sovereignty", according to a statement by the Saudi foreign ministry.
Samar Badawi is a famed women's right activist and is the sister of Raif Badawi, a blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes and 10 years for insulting Islam by a Saudi Arabian court in 2014.
Samar was arrested along with fellow campaigner Nassima al-Sadah last week, the latest victims of what Human Rights Watch called an "unprecedented government crackdown on the women's rights movement".
Following the diplomatic tensions flare-up between Saudi Arabia and Canada on Monday, Saudis went to social media to express their support for their courageous government.
Canadian authorities said they are "seriously concerned" about Saudi Arabia's freeze of new trade between the countries.
The Saudi students are part of a cohort of 1,200 worldwide students at UPEI.
- Huge Explosion Near Italy's Bologna Airport Triggered By Road Accident
- Melania Trump praises LeBron James after Trump's insult
- Sakkari fells Venus Williams to reach semis in San Jose
- Gun control advocates protest outside National Rifle Association headquarters
- Who Won 'The Bachelorette' 2018? Becca Kufrin Chooses [Spoiler]!
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launched from Cape Canaveral
- Legendary French chef Joel Robuchon dies at 73, spokeswoman says
- Aston Villa re-sign Axel Tuanzebe on loan from Manchester United
- $250 mil superyacht at centre of 1MDB scandal sails to Malaysia
- Parkland School Shooting: Alleged Gunman Sought Help, Administration 'Did Not Follow Through'