Except for a change of heart, the Federal Government is set to name most senior Director in the Department of State Services (DSS), Matthew Seiyefa, as the Acting Director General of the service.
Abubakar made the commendation in a statement issued by his Media Aide, Paul Ibe, on Tuesday in Abuja.
NAN, however, learnt that the termination of Daura's appointment might not be unconnected with the ongoing blockage of the National Assembly by operatives of the DSS and the police.
Daura is however in a closed-door meeting with the Acting President, now holding at the presidential villa in Abuja.
"The former Vice President gives his utmost support to this action".
Some PDP senators, who were caught in the blockade interpreted it as a move to impeach Senate President Bukola Saraki.
Nigeria's acting president Prof.
Matthew Seiyefa, the most senior officer in the Department of State Services (DSS), is now in a closed-door meeting with Acting President Yemi Osinbajo.
The notice of Daura's sack was contained in a statement by the spokesman of the Osinbajo, Laolu Akande, on Tuesday.
It was gathered that the two security chiefs, who arrived Aso Rock at different times, were to update the acting president on security developments including the blockade of the National Assembly by security officials.
- Puppies Rescued from Remote Island During 'Operation Gilligan's Island'
- Scotland’s weather: Summer could stretch into October
- Syrian scientist killed in apparent car-bomb attack
- Who Won 'The Bachelorette' 2018? Becca Kufrin Chooses [Spoiler]!
- Johnny Depp’s troubles continue, new film City of Lies’ release cancelled
- Elderly Men, Missing From Old-Age Home, Found At Heavy Metal Concert
- India vs England, 2nd Test: Dawid Malan, Ben Stokes of England squad
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launched from Cape Canaveral
- Parts of Frankfurt Airport evacuated after security breach
- Manafort’s former business partner drops bombshell testimony