TWO elderly men went missing from their nursing home in Germany, sparking fears for their health.
The two men, nabbed before dawn Saturday, were disappointed to miss the last day of the festival, which began Thursday.
The Deutsche Welle reports the nursing home told police that the two men were missing from their rooms.
A police spokeswoman said the two men, whose exact ages were not disclosed, were "disoriented and dazed". The headbangers' event is touted as the biggest metal festival in the world. They didn't want to leave, but the cops made them go back to the home. Danzig, Judas Priest, Cannibal Corpse, Hatebreed, In Flames, Arch Enemy and Eskimo Callboy were just a few of the headliners this year. "The care home quickly organised return transport after police picked them up".
The Washington Post reported that authorities said the pair were found to have traveled about 25 miles (40km) to attend the days-long festival not far from Hamburg.
Wacken Open Air, which has been held yearly since 1990, bills itself as the "Metal Mecca".
According to Deutsche Welle, the world-renowned festival sold out with an expected attendance of 75,000 people.
And thrilled Twitterati ruled that the case proved you are truly never too old to rock.
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launched from Cape Canaveral
- Russian Federation seeks USA cooperation on Syria reconstruction and refugee return
- NASA Announces Crews for Private 'Space Taxi' Project
- Ahmed Shehzad dropped from Pakistan Cricket Board’s central contracts
- Bethesda confirms Fallout 76 won’t be available on Steam
- Hurricane Hector is headed toward Hawaii, where a volcano is erupting
- Stan Kroenke's takeover is sign global super league is coming
- Juan Martin del Potro, Fabio Fognini advance to Mifel Open final
- PM-in-waiting Imran Khan to stay at Punjab House
- UK announces new organ donation plan