TWO elderly men went missing from their nursing home in Germany, sparking fears for their health.
The two men, nabbed before dawn Saturday, were disappointed to miss the last day of the festival, which began Thursday.
The Deutsche Welle reports the nursing home told police that the two men were missing from their rooms.
A police spokeswoman said the two men, whose exact ages were not disclosed, were "disoriented and dazed". The headbangers' event is touted as the biggest metal festival in the world. They didn't want to leave, but the cops made them go back to the home. Danzig, Judas Priest, Cannibal Corpse, Hatebreed, In Flames, Arch Enemy and Eskimo Callboy were just a few of the headliners this year. "The care home quickly organised return transport after police picked them up".
The Washington Post reported that authorities said the pair were found to have traveled about 25 miles (40km) to attend the days-long festival not far from Hamburg.
Wacken Open Air, which has been held yearly since 1990, bills itself as the "Metal Mecca".
According to Deutsche Welle, the world-renowned festival sold out with an expected attendance of 75,000 people.
And thrilled Twitterati ruled that the case proved you are truly never too old to rock.
- Did Saudi Arabia Just Threaten Another 9/11 Attack on Canada? Well, Kinda
- Pentagon restricts use of fitness trackers, other electronic devices that reveal locations
- India vs England, 2nd Test: Dawid Malan, Ben Stokes of England squad
- Barca, Bayern agree on Vidal switch
- Russian Federation seeks USA cooperation on Syria reconstruction and refugee return
- Hurricane Hector is headed toward Hawaii, where a volcano is erupting
- Syrian scientist killed in apparent car-bomb attack
- Juan Martin del Potro, Fabio Fognini advance to Mifel Open final
- Manafort’s former business partner drops bombshell testimony
- Bundesliga Star Confirms That There Is 'Concrete Interest' From Liverpool & Chelsea