"There won't be any deal until there's everything", he said.
Asked whether Canada had a Plan B, MacNaughton said there isn't one.
She says negotiations fizzled out ahead of the presidential vote, but that the three parties had agreed to pick talks back up after the results were decided.
Canada's Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland is away from the talks, attending a meeting in Singapore this week.
Mexican Economy Minister Ildefonso Guajardo said on Thursday that talks to revamp the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) with the United States will cover all outstanding issues in the negotiations. Canadian officials dismiss speculation that she is being sidelined.
Freeland says that's because her counterparts were discussing issues of more importance to their two countries, and says she's been in close contact with both over the past week.
"This is a trilateral negotiation - as both the Mexicans and Americans have reiterated yet again in the last few days", David McNaughton, Canada's ambassador to the USA, said in a statement.
Guajardo told reporters before a meeting at the U.S. Trade Representative office in Washington that there will not be a deal on controversial auto sector rules until all NAFTA issues are resolved.
The train is departing the station very soon. It also cites $2 billion worth of goods crossing the U.S. Lighthizer predicted he would reach an agreement with Mexico soon, which he hoped could then be used to leverage "compromises" from Canada that had not been forthcoming thus far.
After missing this week's discussions, Clark added there's a risk Canada could find itself being forced into a take-it-or-leave-it situation on provisions agreed upon by the USA and Mexico.
Seade said the issue of the sunset clause could be broached next week.
Numerous vehicles exported from Mexico to the US are only produced there, meaning production couldn't be easily switched out of Mexico, while wages actually make up a relatively small five to 10 per cent of a vehicle's cost, said Joe McCabe of AutoForecast Solutions in Chester Springs, Pa.
- PM-in-waiting Imran Khan to stay at Punjab House
- Cleaning crews discover dead fetus in plane at LGA
- Aston Villa re-sign Axel Tuanzebe on loan from Manchester United
- Elderly Men, Missing From Old-Age Home, Found At Heavy Metal Concert
- Kroenke set to buyout Usmanov in £1.8 billion Arsenal deal
- Stan Kroenke's takeover is sign global super league is coming
- BURP ALERT - Ford to roll out buck-a-beer plan Tuesday
- Johnny Depp’s troubles continue, new film City of Lies’ release cancelled
- Syrian scientist killed in apparent car-bomb attack
- Decline In Karunanidhi's Health Condition, Says Kauvery Hospital, Next 24 Hours Crucial