Many thought that Sierra Canyon in Los Angeles was a viable destination for LeBron's oldest son, as their basketball team now has some notable players already on it, inlcuding sons of retired NBA players like Baron Davis. The series - billed as an inside look at the changing role of athletes in our fraught cultural and political environment, through the lens of the National Basketball Association - will be titled Shut Up and Dribble.
"If being a star athlete is inherently a political experience, "Shut Up and Dribble" tells that complex and dramatic story from the past to the present and from the inside out", Showtime CEO David Nevins told Variety on Monday.
James is the executive producer of the series along with his business partner Maverick Carter and his agent Rich Paul.
Chopra previously worked with Lakers legend Kobe Bryant on his "Muse" documentary that aired on Showtime in 2015.
James previously had a talk of his, "The Shop", picked up by HBO.
Although James has always been a Trump critic, calling the president "U bum" in a 2017 tweet, the tweet was Trump's first attack on the player, who just opened up a school for underprivileged children in his hometown of Akron, Ohio.
Michael Jordan said he supports LeBron James after the fellow basketball legend was attacked by President Trump in a tweet late Friday.
- Mobile Essentials plan goes back to basics
- Benintendi's walk-off seals Red Sox sweep
- Trump has a guilty conscience over Trump Tower meeting: CNN legal analyst
- Serena Williams withdraws from Rogers Cup
- Kourtney Kardashian Calls Sisters 'Disgusting' In Stormy Season Premiere
- Mysterious very big rogue planet spotted lurking outside our solar system
- Trump, Jerry Brown make dueling claims on cause of California fires
- Demi Lovato Released From Hospital After Reported Overdose
- Facebook asking U.S. banks for customers' financial info
- Videos of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas at Singapore club