A day after her husband took a shot at LeBron James over Twitter - First Lady Melania Trump offered a much warmer take on the Los Angeles Lakers superstar through a White House spokesperson on Saturday.
"He's doing an fantastic job for his community", Jordan, now owner of the National Basketball Association's Charlotte Hornets, told NBC News through a spokesperson.
April 4, 2016; Houston, TX, USA; Michael Jordan in attendance during the first half in the championship game of the 2016 NCAA Men's Final Four between the North Carolina Tar Heels and Villanova Wildcats at NRG Stadium. LeBron just opened a school in Akron, Ohio, that will help at-risk students benefit from some of the privileges that other kids know, including, according to Time, a free bicycle provided to help the child explore other neighborhoods, free meals, snacks and drinks, access to a fitness trainer, and college tuition for every graduate - as well as GED classes and job placement for students.
In the interview, the National Basketball Association superstar said the President was using athletics and athletes to split up the country and would not sit down across from Trump if he were given the opportunity. Despite Trump hinting that Michael Jordan is still the GOAT, Jordan said in a public statement, "I support LJ", adding that "He's doing an unbelievable job for his community". He routinely deems Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters of California, who is also black, as "low IQ" - an insult he repeated during the OH rally Saturday night. James said: "I would never sit across from him". Trump once again rose to headlines when he made a derogatory tweet against National Basketball Association star LeBron James. The statement didn't criticize the president.
James has always been critical of Trump. In June, when migrant families entering the U.S. illegally were being separated at the U.S. -Mexico border under Trump administration policies, she said through her spokeswoman that she "hated" to see the separations and that she believed the U.S. needed to be a country that "follows all laws, but also a country that governs with heart".
But he also uses "stupid" - or variations thereof - as a favored insult.
- Trump, Jerry Brown make dueling claims on cause of California fires
- Videos of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas at Singapore club
- Sakkari fells Venus Williams to reach semis in San Jose
- Huge Explosion Near Italy's Bologna Airport Triggered By Road Accident
- £670million-rated Luka Modric sends Real Madrid message
- Demi Lovato Released From Hospital After Reported Overdose
- $250 mil superyacht at centre of 1MDB scandal sails to Malaysia
- Mueller's 'star witness' testifies against former boss Paul Manafort
- Apple, Facebook ban content of United States conspiracy theorist Alex Jones
- Minecraft movie reportedly delayed after director leaves project