The fires, north of San Francisco, have burned 75 homes and is only 30 percent contained.
Another blaze that ignited last week has damaged a historic Northern California resort in the Stanislaus National Forest.
The Mendocino Complex Fire expanded almost 80 percent over the weekend and has now scorched more than 283,000 acres north of San Francisco, forcing more than 20,000 people to evacuate and destroying at least 75 homes so far.
The Mendocino Complex and Carr fires were still burning as of publication, so their totals are likely to change.
The state's "bad environmental laws" are to blame, he added.
He said it's "being diverted into the Pacific Ocean".
However, Trump is also touching on complaints that environmental policies stop land managers from clearing brush, dead trees and other biomass in forests that feed fires, and experts say that is a legitimate debate.
It wasn't immediately clear what California laws Trump was referring to. Henri Grissino-Mayer, a geography professor at the University of Tennessee, said he had "no clue" what Trump was referring to in his tweet.
If you feel like California's wildfires have been getting bigger and more frequent, you're not alone.
"Battling these relentless fires requires a Herculean effort", California Gov.
TRUMP: "Governor Jerry Brown must allow the Free Flow of the vast amounts of water coming from the North and foolishly being diverted into the Pacific Ocean".
Fire crews from Australia and New Zealand arrived in California to help.
Farther north, crews gained ground against a deadly blaze that has destroyed more than 1,000 homes in and around Redding.
Emily Carlin, spokeswoman for Rep. Jeff Denham, a California Republican and almond farmer who is one of the most vocal in the calls for more water for farms, said Monday she didn't know of her boss raising any argument about scanty water for firefighting. Two people have died in the inferno. And it prompted the indefinite closure of some of the most popular parts of Yosemite National Park, officials announced on Sunday.
- Syrian scientist killed in apparent car-bomb attack
- Elon Musk considers taking Tesla private as stock jumps
- Spanish man gets 10 years for raping German boy sold for sex
- ‘Holy crap!’ Video shows breaching great white shark startle researcher
- BURP ALERT - Ford to roll out buck-a-beer plan Tuesday
- Manafort’s former business partner drops bombshell testimony
- Woman helps man short on cash, finds out he’s Keith Urban
- Parts of Frankfurt Airport evacuated after security breach
- Hurricane Hector is headed toward Hawaii, where a volcano is erupting
- Who Won 'The Bachelorette' 2018? Becca Kufrin Chooses [Spoiler]!