The fires, north of San Francisco, have burned 75 homes and is only 30 percent contained.
Another blaze that ignited last week has damaged a historic Northern California resort in the Stanislaus National Forest.
The Mendocino Complex Fire expanded almost 80 percent over the weekend and has now scorched more than 283,000 acres north of San Francisco, forcing more than 20,000 people to evacuate and destroying at least 75 homes so far.
The Mendocino Complex and Carr fires were still burning as of publication, so their totals are likely to change.
The state's "bad environmental laws" are to blame, he added.
He said it's "being diverted into the Pacific Ocean".
However, Trump is also touching on complaints that environmental policies stop land managers from clearing brush, dead trees and other biomass in forests that feed fires, and experts say that is a legitimate debate.
It wasn't immediately clear what California laws Trump was referring to. Henri Grissino-Mayer, a geography professor at the University of Tennessee, said he had "no clue" what Trump was referring to in his tweet.
If you feel like California's wildfires have been getting bigger and more frequent, you're not alone.
"Battling these relentless fires requires a Herculean effort", California Gov.
TRUMP: "Governor Jerry Brown must allow the Free Flow of the vast amounts of water coming from the North and foolishly being diverted into the Pacific Ocean".
Fire crews from Australia and New Zealand arrived in California to help.
Farther north, crews gained ground against a deadly blaze that has destroyed more than 1,000 homes in and around Redding.
Emily Carlin, spokeswoman for Rep. Jeff Denham, a California Republican and almond farmer who is one of the most vocal in the calls for more water for farms, said Monday she didn't know of her boss raising any argument about scanty water for firefighting. Two people have died in the inferno. And it prompted the indefinite closure of some of the most popular parts of Yosemite National Park, officials announced on Sunday.
- Kroenke set to buyout Usmanov in £1.8 billion Arsenal deal
- Woman helps man short on cash, finds out he’s Keith Urban
- Spanish man gets 10 years for raping German boy sold for sex
- Scotland’s weather: Summer could stretch into October
- Pentagon restricts use of fitness trackers, other electronic devices that reveal locations
- Who Won 'The Bachelorette' 2018? Becca Kufrin Chooses [Spoiler]!
- Decline In Karunanidhi's Health Condition, Says Kauvery Hospital, Next 24 Hours Crucial
- Russian Federation seeks USA cooperation on Syria reconstruction and refugee return
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launched from Cape Canaveral
- India vs England, 2nd Test: Dawid Malan, Ben Stokes of England squad