That still works out to something of a deal if you watch enough films in theaters, but it's still going from unlimited movie tickets to just three per month.
The once-red-hot ticketing service will now limit customers to seeing three movies a month, according to a company press release.
The change is part of a new model MoviePass hopes will "ensure long-term stability".
MoviePass announced a new subscription plan allowing subscribers to entertain themselves with a new movie everyday at the cost of just $9.95 a month just around this time a year ago. MoviePass has also suspended Peak Pricing and Ticket Verification for all its subscribers who have already migrated to its new plan.Читайте также: Willian admits he's desperate to work with Jose Mourinho
MoviePass Chief Executive Mitch Lowe told The Wall Street Journal that the change will take effect beginning August 15.
MoviePass adds that the new plan will include "many major studio first-run films" (yet notably, not all). Now, in a bid to pacify its users and stop all that criticism, MoviePass today announced that it will not be raising its subscription price to $14.95/month as it had previously announced. The company slashed its prices nearly a year ago - allowing subscribers to see a movie in theaters every day for less than the typical cost of a single ticket in many cities - and its popularity skyrocketed.
Monthly subscribers will get the revamped plan when their subscriptions are up for renewal while annual subscribers won't be affected by the change until their renewal date comes up. At one point, subscribers were told they simply couldn't have tickets for Mission: Impossible - Fallout, after the company ran out of cash and had to secure a last-minute - and since paid-off - loan.
MoviePass, which until last week boasted its, "Any movie".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Huge Explosion Near Italy's Bologna Airport Triggered By Road Accident
- Trump has a guilty conscience over Trump Tower meeting: CNN legal analyst
- $250 mil superyacht at centre of 1MDB scandal sails to Malaysia
- West Hollywood City Council votes to remove Trump’s Walk of Fame star
- UK announces new organ donation plan
- Legendary French chef Joel Robuchon dies at 73, spokeswoman says
- Bethesda confirms Fallout 76 won’t be available on Steam
- Baby boy dies after being found in river near Brooklyn Bridge
- Sakkari fells Venus Williams to reach semis in San Jose
- Ferrero, Nutella maker, is hiring 60 taste testers