The ECP has withheld victory notifications of Khan from NA-53 (Islamabad-II) and NA-131 (Lahore-IX) constituencies. The PTI chief had received 92,891 votes while the PML-N leader managed to get 44,314 votes.
The notifications issued for his wins in NA-35 (Bannu), NA-95 (Mianwali-I) and NA-243 (Karachi East-II), however, will be subject to the ECP's final decision in pending cases pertaining to violation of its code of conduct.
Responding to a question, he said according to unofficial results, PTI candidates had won in more than 10 constituencies whose results had been withheld.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf's parliamentary committee on Monday officially nominated Imran Khan as the party's prime ministerial candidate. The ECP has stopped announcement of the results for violation of the election code by Mr Khattak when he had used inappropriate language against his rivals during the campaign.
The nomination came as the party leaders including Asad Umar, Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Chaudhry Sarwar, Shafqat Mehmood, Babar Awan, Azam Swati, Fawad Chaudhry and others assembled at a local hotel in the capital city to pose unflinching trust in the leadership of the cricketer-turned-politician.
It is the constitutional obligation that the session of new assembly should be convened within 21 days after elections so that the election of new prime minister, speaker and deputy speaker might be carried out.
Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Tuesday has chose to halt election results of 32 national and provincial assemblies' constituencies.
In the July 25 elections, the PTI emerged as the single largest party but fell short of simple majority in the National Assembly.
- Slay queens resort to plastic surgery to look like Snapchat filters
- Decline In Karunanidhi's Health Condition, Says Kauvery Hospital, Next 24 Hours Crucial
- Hiroshima Marks 73rd Anniversary of Nuclear Attack
- $250 mil superyacht at centre of 1MDB scandal sails to Malaysia
- Syrian scientist killed in apparent car-bomb attack
- Hurricane Hector is headed toward Hawaii, where a volcano is erupting
- Huge Explosion Near Italy's Bologna Airport Triggered By Road Accident
- NASA Announces Crews for Private 'Space Taxi' Project
- Johnny Depp’s troubles continue, new film City of Lies’ release cancelled
- MoviePass slashes plan to three movies per month