Her character will debut in a December crossover of Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow, with a standalone series in the works for 2019. She has also appeared in Pitch Perfect 3, John Wick: Chapter 2, and will next appear in The Meg. Entertainment Weekly confirmed Rose's casting and when we can first expect to see the model-turned-actress first don the cape and cowl.
Greg Berlanti, who is behind the other DC shows on The CW, as well as Riverdale and the DC shows heading to the upcoming DC Universe streaming service, is now developing the Batwoman TV series with Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaries). If the project goes to series, Batwoman will become the first gay lead character - male or female - of a live-action superhero series. But don't call her hero yet. The CW also released a synopsis for the character, which reads: "Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate Kane soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city's criminal resurgence". Batwoman was originally introduced by DC in 1956 as Kathy Kane, a love interest for Batman.
According to CW president Mark Pedowitz, the Batwoman pilot is aimed for mid-season, although it is unclear on whether or not it will get picked up for a full series.
Gotham's symbol of hope is ready to take the spotlight.
"We'll do a pilot for midseason, whether it goes to series, I can not tell you", Pedowitz said at the TCA summer press tour.
Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and Geoff Johns will produce, while Vampire Diaries alum Caroline Dries writes and produces. After a long hiatus, she was reintroduced to the DC comic universe in 2006 when she was established as a Jewish lesbian, becoming the first-ever lesbian superhero title DC character.
The offshoot - which at this point has a script development deal - is set up at Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros.
- New Everton Digne defender taunts Liverpool fans
- Syrian scientist killed in apparent car-bomb attack
- Scotland’s weather: Summer could stretch into October
- Colorado hail storm kills zoo animals, injures zoo visitors
- Pentagon restricts use of fitness trackers, other electronic devices that reveal locations
- Woman helps man short on cash, finds out he’s Keith Urban
- Ahmed Shehzad dropped from Pakistan Cricket Board’s central contracts
- Kroenke set to buyout Usmanov in £1.8 billion Arsenal deal
- Who Won 'The Bachelorette' 2018? Becca Kufrin Chooses [Spoiler]!
- Hurricane Hector is headed toward Hawaii, where a volcano is erupting