But Mr Beggs added: "Sadly, however, in the ongoing absence of an Executive at Stormont, and after a previous attempt to introduce an opt-out system here in 2016 was scuppered by the DUP and Sinn Fein for primarily political reasons, Northern Ireland will soon have the most outdated and inadequate organ donation system of any part of the UK".
"This new system of organ donation presents us with an opportunity to save hundreds of black, Asian, mixed race and ethnic minority lives".
The legislation is expected to be brought before the House of Commons when MPs return from recess in Autumn, and if Parliament approves the organ donation law, it will come into effect in England by Spring 2020.
It is estimated that three people die each day in need of an organ transplant.
Hannah told Maajid that she was someone that "would have liked to have thought that when I die, I die whole, and everything is with me".
"I don't say this solves the issue completely as it removes that you know what you're doing and you're giving".
The British government announced Sunday that it has outlined plans to implement a new system of consent for organ and tissue donation in 2020 in order to tackle a shortage of donors.
Jackie Doyle-Price, Secretary of State for Mental Health and Inequalities, said the changes could save up to 700 lives every year, but she said organ donation remained a gift.
China has recorded 18,433 voluntary organ donors who donated 52,213 organs from 2010 to mid-July this year, Zheng Shusen, Vice President of the Chinese Medical Doctor Association, said.
'I want to encourage people who wish to give life in the event of their death to take the time to record their wishes and discuss it with their family.
Sally Johnson, director of organ donation and transplantation for NHS Blood and Transplant, said: "We're incredibly grateful to all the families in Tyne and Wear who have chosen to say "yes" to organ donation".
"It's still really important for all of us to have conversations with our loved ones about organ donation so our wishes can be met if the worst should happen".
This opt-out system, opposite to the current opt-in system, will mean everyone is considered a willing organ donor unless they have explicitly recorded a wish not to be.
- LeBron James to produce Showtime documentary 'Shut Up and Dribble'
- NASA Announces Crews for Private 'Space Taxi' Project
- Parkland School Shooting: Alleged Gunman Sought Help, Administration 'Did Not Follow Through'
- Willian admits he's desperate to work with Jose Mourinho
- Demi Lovato Released From Hospital After Reported Overdose
- Trump has a guilty conscience over Trump Tower meeting: CNN legal analyst
- Australia announces extra $140 million aid package for drought-hit farmers
- Wild brawl at nail salon
- Sakkari fells Venus Williams to reach semis in San Jose
- Bethesda confirms Fallout 76 won’t be available on Steam