An image of Indian captain Virat Kohli along with his wife Anushka Sharma have managed to create yet another social media storm after Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) shared the photograph on its official Twitter handle with the Indian cricket team at the High Commission of India in London.
India vs England 2nd Test Lords: India cricket team in the United Kingdom was invited to visit the High Commission of India in London. While several users questioned what's Anushka Sharma's contribution to the game, the others poked fun at her by saying that Virat Kohli might soon name her the Vice Captain of India, just because she's his wife and a Bollywood star.
However, the Twitterati, after spotting Anushka in the team photo, lashed out at BCCI for the same.
Anushka is the only star wife who is still accompanying her partner on the tour.
Some people criticised her for getting special treatment since she was allowed to attend the official event while the families of other cricketers have reportedly been asked by the BCCI to stay away till the third Test, while others didn't see anything wrong with it.
Virat Kohli is winning more fans following his batting heroics in the first Test against England in Birmingham.
Kohli smashed 149 and 51 in both innings of the Edgbaston Test but his efforts went in vain as India lost the match by 31 runs.
Anushka was seen cheering from the stands as Kohli reached triple figures and kissed his wedding ring to celebrate the achievement.
- Sen. Rand Paul says he delivered Trump letter to Putin
- Dubai tourist runs up $65,000 in speeding fines driving supercar
- Stokes 'behaved like a bully' towards two gay men
- New York GOP Rep. Chris Collins arrested over insider trading charges
- Catherine Oxenberg on learning her daughter had been branded by Nxivm
- Niki Lauda: Former F1 champion 'functioning well' after lung transplant
- Matthew Perry Recovering From Gastrointestinal Perforation Repair Surgery
- Google's Pixel 3 XL Leaks in All Its Glory
- Blizzard confirms "multiple Diablo projects" in production, news by end of 2018
- Carrie Underwood, Mike Fisher expecting baby No. 2