TMZ reports that Angelina Jolie has been saying that Brad Pitt isn't paying child support, but Pitt has reportedly paid millions of dollars ever since their split nearly two years ago. Brad's lawyers point to Angelina's legal docs that were filed earlier this week, in which she asks the judge to grant the divorce quickly so she can be a single woman again. leaving child support and other issues for a later date. The document added that he loaned Jolie Pitt $8 million to buy her current home, and has paid over $1.3 million in bills for the benefit of Jolie Pitt and their six children.
Following Tuesday's filing, a spokesperson for Jolie told People the actress' latest court filing asking for Pitt to pay more child support "is to provide closure to the marriage in a way that clears a path toward the next stage of their lives and allows her and Brad to recommit as devoted co-parents to their children".
Pitt's attorneys said the filing was utterly unnecessary and "a thinly veiled effort to manipulate media coverage" of the split. They say her lawyers said they'd discuss the matter with their client, and then Angelina made it look like it was SHE who wanted the quickie divorce.
Jolie, 43, filed for divorce from Pitt, 54, in September of 2016 citing irreconcilable differences. Neither side specified what those issues were.
The papers say, "There is no need for a Case Management Conference to schedule a hearing or filing deadlines regarding child support".
The incident was reported and Pitt was investigated by both the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services, but was later cleared of wrongdoing.
They split two years ago after 10 years together. Jolie has sought sole custody of the children.
- Iran sanctions: U.S. can't stop our oil exports, says minister
- Samsung Starts Mass Production of 'First 4-Bit Consumer SSD'
- Kim Kardashian and Stephanie Shepherd Laugh Off Those Feud Rumors
- Carrie Underwood, Mike Fisher expecting baby No. 2
- Bumrah will not play in second Test: Arun
- First round of United States tariffs on Chinese goods to hit $50B - USTR
- Blizzard confirms "multiple Diablo projects" in production, news by end of 2018
- Anushka Sharma trolled for posing with Indian cricket team
- The Stands : James Anderson's painful golf swing
- Dubai tourist runs up $65,000 in speeding fines driving supercar