The ongoing saga of the Brangelina split is back in the headlines after Angelina Jolie's attorneys filed a complaint that claims Brad Pitt has paid no "meaningful" child support since the couple announced their intention to divorce almost two years ago. According to a new report from NBC News, Jolie will seek a court order to force Pitt to pay.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have been separated since 2016, but it looks like their "amicable" split is heating up. She is not allowed to monitor the minor children's text messages with their father.
The "informal arrangement" agreed between the two, Jolie's lawyer states, has not been followed by Pitt however a source familiar with the situation tells Metro.co.uk that "Brad fulfills his commitments".
"Angie's big issue continues to be sharing joint custody with Brad", the source said.
Now, nearly two years since their separation, it only seems like things are getting worse between the co-parents. "The motion today was created to move all of that forward". "As of present, [Pitt] has paid no meaningful child support since separation", Jolie's attorney, Samantha Bley DeJean, wrote in a two-page brief filed in Los Angeles Superior Court. Last week, Jolie's spokesperson denied to ET that Jolie was parting ways with Wasser after a TMZ report claimed that the attorney was quitting over internal conflicts with Jolie.
But sources close to Pitt said Jolie has been "extremely difficult" during the negotiations and that he had told her he'd had enough of the endless back-and-forth over the kids.
The documents acknowledge that the duo had an "informal arrangement", but that Pitt has not lived up to that agreement. "It's deplorable that someone for their own selfish reasons leaked selective portions of the confidential and sealed court record to create an inaccurate and unfair picture of what is really happening".
- Ruby Rose Is The CW's Batwoman
- DSS pulls out of n’assembly after sack of DG
- Stan Kroenke's takeover is sign global super league is coming
- Boris Johnson burka: Tories order MP to apologise over 'bank robber jibe'
- Lance Bass loses out to HGTV in bid for ‘Brady Bunch’ house
- Trump going ahead with tariffs on $16B in Chinese imports
- BURP ALERT - Ford to roll out buck-a-beer plan Tuesday
- Frustration builds as police stay mum on Mollie Tibbetts case
- Latest Congo Ebola outbreak is Zaire strain, vaccinations to start
- Elderly Men, Missing From Old-Age Home, Found At Heavy Metal Concert