The arrival of Hart strengthens the Clarets' impressive goalkeeping ranks following the injury sustained by Nick Pope at Aberdeen last month.
Hart played nearly 350 games for the reigning Premier League champions, establishing himself as number one for club and country, but fell down the pecking order after Pep Guardiola took the helm at City in 2016. "They (Manchester City) are doing fantastic and I'm very happy for them".
Hart makes the permanent move to Turf Moor after loan spells at both Torino and West Ham in recent seasons. "But if there's one thing I know about Joe then it's his mentality, his strength of mind and if anyone can bounce back from that or come through that, it's definitely him".
Hart signed a two-year deal with Burnley, who have the option to extend his contract by one more season, as part of a deal that could cost them £3.5 million.
"I certainly feel a lot of love and appreciation".
Hart will also compete for a first-team spot with club captain and fellow England global Tom Heaton, who is recovering from a calf problem, and Anders Lindegaard.
Premier League champions Manchester City, who have had a relatively quiet transfer window so far, have now announced their first departure.
"Joe joined as a young lad from Shrewsbury and leaves a City legend", City captain Vincent Kompany said in a media statement by the Manchester club.
Hart has known he had no future at the Etihad Stadium, where he played a key role in two Premier League title wins and three cup successes over the course of 348 appearances, ever since Pep Guardiola's arrival as manager.
"His 12 years at the club have seen him produce some remarkable performances and heart-stopping saves that will live in the memory for a long time to come", Al Mubarak said.
- Robin Wright Takes the Throne in New 'House of Cards' Promo Poster
- Trump going ahead with tariffs on $16B in Chinese imports
- Pogba's agent in Manchester to unlock Frenchman's move to Barcelona
- Transfer: Arsenal finally accept £4.4m offer for striker
- Arsenal approach Barcelona for Ousmane Dembele
- Polls close in OH as elections in 5 states wrap up
- Samuel L. Jackson and Cobie Smulders Join Spider-Man: Far From Home
- Here's (Almost) Everything You Need to Know About the Galaxy Note 9
- DC Metro scraps idea for separate trains during 'Unite The Right' rally
- Hurricane Hector set to pass south of Hawaii