West London Sport revealed Fulham's initial interest in the 23-year-old and he remained a top target for the Whites.
Fulham tried to sign Chambers last summer and Leicester and Brighton had also expressed interest. I really like the way they play football.
"Everyone can see that Fulham's a club that likes to play football, play football from the back, through the lines". Subscribe to our SMS sports service by texting "SPORTS" to 22840.
But after deciding Chambers would not be part of his first choice central defensive pairing, boss Unai Emery has agreed to allow the player to leave on loan.
But with Laurent Koscielny, new signing Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Shkodran Mustafi and youngster Dinos Mavropanos all providing healthy competition, the former Southampton player has had to make the short trip to Fulham in search of regular playing time.
He is poised to join new signing Alfie Mawson at Fulham, whose £15m arrival from Swansea was recently confirmed by the club.
Slavisa Jokanovic's side begin their top-flight return at home to Crystal Palace on Saturday and have made a number of eye-catching signings, including Jean Michael Seri, Aleksandar Mitrovic and Andre Schurrle.
- Ranked Dota 2 players demolished by AI
- Here's (Almost) Everything You Need to Know About the Galaxy Note 9
- Transfer: Arsenal finally accept £4.4m offer for striker
- Boris Johnson burka: Tories order MP to apologise over 'bank robber jibe'
- Zverev-De Minaur set up youngest ATP final in 11 years
- Kovalev and Bivol Return This Weekend
- China Won't Release Disney's 'Christopher Robin' Movie
- Polls close in OH as elections in 5 states wrap up
- Backs-to-the-wall Crusaders win extra special, says Robertson
- Hurricane Hector set to pass south of Hawaii