A Severe Thunderstorm WATCH is in effect for the majority of the area until 9 pm.
Severe thunderstorms could be headed for the region Monday afternoon.
A line of storms developed Monday afternoon in parts of Nebraska and Kansas which moved east into northwest Missouri.
Meteorologists said there could be significant rainfall amounts in some areas with wind custs up to 90 km/h.
Additional thunderstorms could hit this evening and into the night as well. "Large hail can damage property and cause injury", the warning said". Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors! Large hail, damaging wind, heavy rain and one or two isolated tornadoes are possible from storms as they develop and push off the foothills.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada.
- Arsenal approach Barcelona for Ousmane Dembele
- Here's (Almost) Everything You Need to Know About the Galaxy Note 9
- Trump going ahead with tariffs on $16B in Chinese imports
- Disney Is Seeking 'Star Wars' Rights Back From TBS, TNT
- Burnley complete signing of England goalkeeper Joe Hart from Manchester City
- Rain showers and storms on the way to West Michigan
- Pogba's agent in Manchester to unlock Frenchman's move to Barcelona
- Experts Cast Doubt on Musk’s Envisioned Buyout of Tesla
- Showtime’s Halo TV Series Will Feature Master Chief in a Leading Role
- Hurricane Hector set to pass south of Hawaii