A Severe Thunderstorm WATCH is in effect for the majority of the area until 9 pm.
Severe thunderstorms could be headed for the region Monday afternoon.
A line of storms developed Monday afternoon in parts of Nebraska and Kansas which moved east into northwest Missouri.
Meteorologists said there could be significant rainfall amounts in some areas with wind custs up to 90 km/h.
Additional thunderstorms could hit this evening and into the night as well. "Large hail can damage property and cause injury", the warning said". Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors! Large hail, damaging wind, heavy rain and one or two isolated tornadoes are possible from storms as they develop and push off the foothills.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada.
- Photographer arrested over Bangladesh student protests
- Klopp reminds Liverpool fans of Henderson importance
- Priyanka Chopra's film with Chris Pratt shelved? Here is the truth
- Samuel L. Jackson and Cobie Smulders Join Spider-Man: Far From Home
- Ranked Dota 2 players demolished by AI
- Hurricane Hector set to pass south of Hawaii
- Zverev-De Minaur set up youngest ATP final in 11 years
- Experts Cast Doubt on Musk’s Envisioned Buyout of Tesla
- Trump going ahead with tariffs on $16B in Chinese imports
- Transfer: Arsenal finally accept £4.4m offer for striker