The Brady Bunch home has a new owner.
Now that it's been saved by HGTV, Brady Bunch fans can enjoy the iconic home for years to come!
The "Brady Bunch" house goes to.
In a separate twist to the story, Jonathan Silver Scott, who is one-half of the Scott brothers from the popular HGTV show "Property Brothers", replied to Bass' Aug. 3 tweet saying that he was disappointed that Bass outbid him. "More detail to come over the next few months but well bring all the resources to bear to tell safe, fun stories about this beloved piece of American TV history".
The Los Angeles house featured on the United States sitcom The Brady Bunch has been bought by cable TV network HGTV, its parent company has announced.
Nearly 50 years after the home was featured on the beloved family sitcom, it was put up for sale at a whopping $1.89 million.
"We were prepared to go even higher, but totally discouraged by the seller's agent, they will outperform any bid with unlimited resources", Bass wrote in a post on his Instagram account. Per the property's description, it rests on a lot of more than 12,500 square feet which includes "lush backyard gardens" and two master suites. Will the future owners appreciate the Los Angeles River-bordering house's "unique street-to-river orientation" as much as Bass would have?
Ex-N*Sync boy band member Lance Bass expressed his disappointment on social media after he missed out on purchasing the home.
According to Bass, he was initially told his offer had been the winning one but later learned it had been rejected for a more lucrative offer from a then-unidentified corporate buyer. "The next day, due to "unforeseen circumstances" the same agent informed us that there's another Corporate Buyer (Hollywood studio) who wants the house at any cost", Bass said. Our fiduciary obligation is to the seller, who made a decision to go to the highest, most qualified bid.
After learning the news surrounding Bass' fallout with the home, Storm replied to Bass' tweet once again.
"HGTV??! Aw man. I'd be pretty upset if it were anyone else, but how can you be mad at HGTV??" That was always my biggest worry.
- Mendocino Complex Fire Now Fourth Largest in California History
- PM-in-waiting Imran Khan to stay at Punjab House
- Foreign affairs minister 'very keen' to quickly wrap up NAFTA negotiations
- Hurricane Hector is headed toward Hawaii, where a volcano is erupting
- Maniac Trailer: Is This The Most Exciting Netflix Original Series Of 2018?
- Syrian scientist killed in apparent car-bomb attack
- New Everton Digne defender taunts Liverpool fans
- Decline In Karunanidhi's Health Condition, Says Kauvery Hospital, Next 24 Hours Crucial
- Courtois agent advises Chelsea to accept Real Madrid offer
- Woman helps man short on cash, finds out he’s Keith Urban