We're sending our best to Matthew Perry, who is now recovering after a recent surgery to fix a gastrointestinal perforation.
He has reportedly had emergency surgery for the gastrointestinal perforation, which means a hole has formed in part of the gastrointestinal tract (the oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, and large intestine). The condition can reportedly result from a gunshot or knife wound, as well as issues like Crohn's disease, appendicitis, diverticulitis and ulcerative colitis.
A spokesperson for the actor said: "Matthew Perry recently underwent surgery in a Los Angeles hospital to fix a gastrointestinal perforation".
His rep says, "He is grateful for the concern and asks for continued privacy as he heals".
Perry has been open about his past health struggles, including battles with addiction to alcohol and Vicodin.
"I understood later, from Michael Douglas, that there was a competition between him and Jack Nicholson and Warren Beatty about who would get me first", she said, adding, "None of them did, by the by". If a man comes on set and says, "Here's how I see this being done", people go, 'He's decisive.' If a woman does it, they say, 'Oh, fuck.
Speaking about the Phoenix House, a California-based treatment centre, he said: "You can't have a drug problem for 30 years and then expect to have it be solved in 28 days".
"I'm an award-winning alcoholic", he told THR.
These celebrities nearly played your favourite Friends!
"I've had a lot of ups and downs in my life".
"The thing that I'm most proud of in my life is if a stranger came up to me and said 'I can't stop drinking".
Matthew says he now uses his notoriety to help fellow addicts in their journey toward sobriety as much as possible.
We wish you a speedy recovery Matthew!
- Wolves Set To Give Adama Traore Medical
- Heat warning issued for Bradford and area
- Spanish Eurofighter jet accidently launched an air-to-air missile in Estonian air space
- SoftBank-backed Ola launches in the United Kingdom to challenge Uber
- Malaysia's ex-PM Najib charged with money laundering
- Kovalev and Bivol Return This Weekend
- Snapchat Parent Snap Posts Its First Loss in Daily Active Users
- InfoWars’ Alex Jones Issues Video Statement On His Social Media Bans
- New York GOP Rep. Chris Collins arrested over insider trading charges
- The Live-Action Star Wars Show Will Reportedly Be Very Expensive