We're sending our best to Matthew Perry, who is now recovering after a recent surgery to fix a gastrointestinal perforation.
He has reportedly had emergency surgery for the gastrointestinal perforation, which means a hole has formed in part of the gastrointestinal tract (the oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, and large intestine). The condition can reportedly result from a gunshot or knife wound, as well as issues like Crohn's disease, appendicitis, diverticulitis and ulcerative colitis.
A spokesperson for the actor said: "Matthew Perry recently underwent surgery in a Los Angeles hospital to fix a gastrointestinal perforation".
His rep says, "He is grateful for the concern and asks for continued privacy as he heals".
Perry has been open about his past health struggles, including battles with addiction to alcohol and Vicodin.
"I understood later, from Michael Douglas, that there was a competition between him and Jack Nicholson and Warren Beatty about who would get me first", she said, adding, "None of them did, by the by". If a man comes on set and says, "Here's how I see this being done", people go, 'He's decisive.' If a woman does it, they say, 'Oh, fuck.
Speaking about the Phoenix House, a California-based treatment centre, he said: "You can't have a drug problem for 30 years and then expect to have it be solved in 28 days".
"I'm an award-winning alcoholic", he told THR.
These celebrities nearly played your favourite Friends!
"I've had a lot of ups and downs in my life".
"The thing that I'm most proud of in my life is if a stranger came up to me and said 'I can't stop drinking".
Matthew says he now uses his notoriety to help fellow addicts in their journey toward sobriety as much as possible.
We wish you a speedy recovery Matthew!
- Heat warning issued for Bradford and area
- Malaysia's ex-PM Najib charged with money laundering
- Student poses with giant alligator for graduation photos
- Environment Canada issues severe thunderstrom warning for York Region
- Spanish Eurofighter jet accidently launched an air-to-air missile in Estonian air space
- Zverev-De Minaur set up youngest ATP final in 11 years
- Act on Antisemitism or Face 'Eternal Shame,' Deputy Leader of UK's Labour
- SoftBank-backed Ola launches in the United Kingdom to challenge Uber
- Salman Khan Indirectly TAUNTS Priyanka Chopra For Her Mysterious Exit From Bharat
- Here's (Almost) Everything You Need to Know About the Galaxy Note 9