Your purchases on Google Play, Vudu, Amazon, and iTunes will also be synced up with your Microsoft library.
With Movies Anywhere, users would not have to care where they purchase their movies as it would be synced between all services.
One big caveat to all of this is that Movies Anywhere is still a USA -only service, so you're out of luck if you're located elsewhere. "With Movies Anywhere, all of your eligible movies from Microsoft can be enjoyed across your favorite screens at no extra cost". Purchased content can be viewed on any Windows 10 or Xbox device or downloaded for future offline viewing. The offer is available by linking your Movies & TV account to Movies Anywhere and runs through August 28.
Back in March, a Microsoft rep said the company was "in discussions with Movies Anywhere about bringing their service on-board".
Disney has set out to do something pretty ambitions in launching Movies Anywhere, as it wants to provide something of a digital locker for all of your movies - or at least as many as possible.
To sweeten the deal, anyone who connects their Microsoft account to the Movies Anywhere service will receive X-Men: Days of Future Past, which is to say, the last mainline, ensemble X-Men movie that was worth a damn.
"This launch has been highly anticipated by our most passionate movie fans, and we are very excited to bring Microsoft into the Movies Anywhere family", said Karin Gilford, General Manager, Movies Anywhere.
- Experts Cast Doubt on Musk’s Envisioned Buyout of Tesla
- Trump going ahead with tariffs on $16B in Chinese imports
- Rain showers and storms on the way to West Michigan
- DC Metro scraps idea for separate trains during 'Unite The Right' rally
- Frustration builds as police stay mum on Mollie Tibbetts case
- Latest Congo Ebola outbreak is Zaire strain, vaccinations to start
- Arsenal approach Barcelona for Ousmane Dembele
- Hurricane Hector set to pass south of Hawaii
- Oil prices rise as USA renews sanctions against Iran
- Klopp reminds Liverpool fans of Henderson importance