Stay tuned for more on Spider-Man: Far From Home as further updates roll in.
Jake Gyllenhaal is in talks to play the villainous Mysterio, with Michael Keaton returning as Adrian Toomes, a.k.a. the Vulture.
The two have been in the franchise for over a decade now, with Jackson making his first appearance as the director of S.H.I.E.L.D.
After briefly appearing in the post-credits scene of Avengers: Infinity War, former SHIELD agents Nick Fury and Maria Hill will be getting involved in Spider-Man's upcoming adventure overseas.
You'll recall that Peter Parker (Tom Holland), Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders) and Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) all died at the end of this summer's Avengers: Infinity War, their bodies transformed into swirling clouds of ash alongside half of the other living things on Earth.
The post-credits scene for Avengers: Infinity War showed Fury and Hill evaporating into the wind thanks to the snap of Thanos' finger.
Fury and Hill's presumed resurrection is less surprising than the news that they'll be joining a Spider-Man film, and it gives us some very interesting hints as to what's to come for Peter Parker when he returns from the dust.
Directed by Jon Watts, Spider-Man: Far From Home stars Tom Holland as Peter Parker, the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Of course, Fury managed to first send a distress call to Captain Marvel, setting up his role opposite Brie Larson in the hero's 2019 solo film. If that theory holds, it'll make three MCU films in the span of about four months for Jackson, at a time when we'd previously thought his time with Marvel might be winding down. Their involvement in the Spidey sequel has been rumored for the past few weeks with Jackson posting to Instagram from both London, England and Capri, Italy, both locations being used for the sequel.
- Trump going ahead with tariffs on $16B in Chinese imports
- Foreign affairs minister 'very keen' to quickly wrap up NAFTA negotiations
- Ruby Rose Is The CW's Batwoman
- DC Metro scraps idea for separate trains during 'Unite The Right' rally
- Disney Is Seeking 'Star Wars' Rights Back From TBS, TNT
- Cleaning crews discover dead fetus in plane at LGA
- Colorado hail storm kills zoo animals, injures zoo visitors
- Scotland’s weather: Summer could stretch into October
- Mendocino Complex Fire Now Fourth Largest in California History
- New Everton Digne defender taunts Liverpool fans