The national disaster agency has stood by its latest death toll of 131 from Sunday's quake despite other government agencies including the military reporting much higher figures.
Foreign tourists carry their belongings on the beach as they leave Gili Trawangan island after an quake hit Lombok island in Pamenang, Indonesia August 6, 2018.
Around 1,477 people were severely injured in the disaster, with tens of thousands of homes damaged, and authorities say the toll of 131 is likely to rise.
A strong quake with a magnitude of 6.2 hit Indonesia's Lombok island on Thursday (Aug 9), causing some buildings to collapse, according to witnesses and the Southeast Asian nation's meteorology and geophysics agency. Many Indonesian speakers wrote messages on Facebook using the word "selamat" - which can mean "safe" but also "congratulations" - triggering celebratory animations.
A man inspects the ruins of houses at a village affected by Sunday's natural disaster in Kayangan, Lombok Island, Indonesia.
'The corpses are starting to smell and we believe some people buried are still alive - that's why it's a critical time, ' Nugroho said.
The quake was the second in a week to hit Lombok.
Still, government assistance was barely a trickle in the west Lombok village of Kekait where Zulas Triani, an elementary school teacher who was sharing a tent with 30 others, said they had received only a basket with three noodle packets, five eggs and a small ration of water.
"We have limited human resources".
A spokesman for the Musholla As-Syuhada mosque told BBC News Indonesian that worshippers heard sounds from "the ceiling and the roof like it was going to fall, so we ran".
"Scrap me getting rid of Facebook, the safety check-in is too important", travel blogger Charlie Burness said on Twitter.
"We still have supplies for the next few days, but I'm not sure about after that", Billa Rabbani, a spokeswoman from the Peduli Anak orphanage, told AFP.
A green and yellow dome rested on the pile of rubble, the only part of the structure still intact.
Meanwhile, the evacuation of thousands of tourists from the Gili Islands - three tiny, coral-fringed tropical islands off the northwest coast of Lombok - has finished, officials said.
- Mi A2 Review | The New Best Phone Under Rs. 20000?
- Premier League's Richard Scudamore hope Manchester City face challenge
- Chase Elliott earns win at Watkins Glen
- Grieving orca still swimming with her dead calf off Washington coast
- Israeli air strikes 'kill woman and toddler'
- United Kingdom to seek Russian extraditions in Skripal case
- Iran sanctions: U.S. can't stop our oil exports, says minister
- Chelsea set for record Kepa swoop as transfer deadline looms
- Coroner States That Margot Kidder's Death Was An Intentional Overdose
- United States to slap 25% tariffs on another US$16b in Chinese goods