Seen as a panic purchase by some, Chelsea have addressed a position of need and have now paved the way for Golden Glove victor Thibaut Courtois to finally make his dream move to Real Madrid.
Goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has officially completed his move from Chelsea to Real Madrid. However there is no clause in the deal that would permit Chelsea to automatically buy Kovacic, a Croatia global, next summer.
1, joined Madrid in 2014 and has helped them win three consecutive Champions League titles as well La Liga in 2017.
United midfielder Paul Pogba has been linked with a blockbuster switch to Barcelona after the France World Cup victor reportedly grew frustrated with perceived criticism from Mourinho.
Chelsea have signed Spanish goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga for a world record 80 million-euro (US$92.8 million) fee from Athletic Bilbao, the Premier League club said on Wednesday.
Courtois had stayed away from Chelsea's training ground this week as he tried to force through a move.
Kepa had been with Athletic since 2004, rising through the youth ranks. Considered Spain's goalkeeper of the future, he was a reserve at the World Cup in Russian Federation.
"It's a very important decision for me, for my career, and also for my personal life", Kepa told the club's official website.
Arrizabalaga becomes the most expensive goalkeeper in football history, ahead of Liverpool's Alisson, who moved from AS Roma for 75 million euros earlier in the transfer window.
- The Academy announces new changes to the Oscars, including popular film category
- UK PM May urges Boris Johnson to apologise for burqa comments
- Coroner States That Margot Kidder's Death Was An Intentional Overdose
- Israel intercepts second medical supply boat for Gaza
- I am judged for my decisions: Priyanka Chopra
- United Kingdom to seek Russian extraditions in Skripal case
- Death toll in Indonesia quake rises to 164
- Perseid meteor shower: how to see shooting stars this weekend
- Alexa will soon answer old questions months after you’ve asked
- United's record in opening-day fixtures