Marvel Studios has honed itself into a movie-making machine in the past decade, and a month without a director or writer is lost time and money for the company.
Bautista, who plays the blue-skinned intergalactic ex-criminal Drax the Destroyer in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, has revealed his intention to quit Guardians Vol. 3 if Walt Disney Studios (the parent company of Marvel Studios) opts to not use the script Gunn had been working on before he was sacked from the film in late July.
While the trade maintains the anonymity of the executives, they do confirm that numerous top studios in Hollywood are interested in Gunn, including Warner Bros. which rivals Marvel Studios in the superhero entertainment business with DC Films.
Gunn, who was set to director the third installment of the popular superhero science fiction franchise, was sacked July 20 after decade-old tweets resurfaced in which he joked about topics including pedophilia and rape. THR says the Slither filmmaker is drawing interest from a variety of sources, from Warner Bros. Gunn had made distasteful jokes online years ago that were unearthed, prompting Disney to end their working relationship. The studio is also reportedly considering using the script that Gunn penned for the film, the absence of which is a deal breaker for co-star Dave Bautista. The third Guardians film was meant to be the final outing for the original team lineup, and set up future films in the cosmic arena of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The issue is that Gunn is not allowed to engage in talks for another project until his negotiations to exit are complete.
The cast of the film has shared their support of Gunn in the situation, though they were careful not to pose any threats about their involvement with the upcoming film.
- Samsung Starts Mass Production of 'First 4-Bit Consumer SSD'
- Oscars introduce new award for outstanding popular film
- First round of United States tariffs on Chinese goods to hit $50B - USTR
- Iran sanctions: U.S. can't stop our oil exports, says minister
- Niki Lauda: Former F1 champion 'functioning well' after lung transplant
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 53% Faster Than The Intel Core i9-7980XE
- Bumrah will not play in second Test: Arun
- USA imposes sanctions on Russian Federation over Skripal poisonings in Salisbury
- The ultimatum that Harry And Meghan have reportedly given their friends
- Dubai tourist runs up $65,000 in speeding fines driving supercar