Priyanka Chopra got engaged to Nick Jonas last month during their trip to London where she celebrated her 36th birthday. So I had to teach myself that I had to be the most confident of the lot. "My family, friendship, my relationships are things I don't think I need to defend or explain it to anyone", Priyanka was quoted as saying by PTI.
Speaking about the constant media glare on her personal life, Priyanka said, "Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I get annoyed". The rumour about her engagement came after Priyanka opted out of Salman Khan's Bharat.
Unfortunately for her though, a photographer managed to catch a glimpse of the ring on camera as Priyanka tried to subtly remove it from her ring finger and place it in her pocket. "I'm not running for office, so I don't owe anyone an explanation", she added.
Priyanka Chopra, over the course of her almost 15-year-long career, has portrayed many different characters and that too with perfection.
"I am playing characters which have nothing to do with my ethnicity which I feel will open the door for Indian talent or South Asian talent to become mainstream which will open the door for people to see us as mainstream entertainment in global movies, why do we only have to play the sidekick", asserted Chopra. Her first day of shooting is this Thursday (9 August). However, she always tells her publicists that today's news is tomorrow's trash.
In her note, Chopra expressed her "hope" that being able to play Alex helped open the door for not only women but "women of color" to obtain leading roles in the future.
She is back in India to begin shooting for Shonali Bose's The Sky Is Pink.
- 5 things to know about the new FIX PUBG initiative
- The Academy announces new changes to the Oscars, including popular film category
- United's record in opening-day fixtures
- UK PM May urges Boris Johnson to apologise for burqa comments
- Alexa will soon answer old questions months after you’ve asked
- CPS urges moms to breastfeed
- Apple removes most of Alex Jones's podcasts from iTunes
- Premier League CEO reveals his dislike for Man City's dominance
- Man Utd legend Neville: Chelsea will miss Courtois
- Gates says he helped Manafort hide payments