Will India reinforce their batting order by adding an extra batsman for the Lord's Test.
Asked about the prospect of playing two spinners, he said: "Walking in here, the pitch looked really hard, it's obviously dry". However, Arun hinted at playing another spinner at Lord's.
It proved beyond the tourists, despite Kohli making 51 to follow his first-innings 149 - the star batsman's maiden Test century on English soil.
Watch day two of the second Test between England and India, at Lord's, live on Sky Sports Cricket (channel 404) and Sky Sports Main Event (channel 401) from 10.30am on Friday. If I hadn't got the runs and we had won, I would have got a totally different feeling.
Despite failing to impress in the first Test, Rahul and Vijay will open if Dhawan makes way for Pujara.
Another big decision the Indian think tank has to make is whether or not to play two spinners.
"It's a tempting thought to field two spinners, then again we will have to take a call on that depending on the team balance, but it's definitely in contention".
Also, they have dropped Dawid Malan and Ollie Pope could find a place in the 11.
In 17 Tests since Root became captain in July 2017, England have managed just nine hundreds between them and, even more concerningly for their fans, have been dismissed for under 300 in their first innings seven times and for under 250 in the second innings nine times. Pacer Chris Woakes was drafted into the squad as Stokes' replacement.
India: Virat Kohli (captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Murali Vijay, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Rishabh Pant, Karun Nair, Hardik Pandya, R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah.
Pope only made his first-class debut in March a year ago and has been called into the squad on the back of a mere 15 matches, while he has never batted in the top five in County Championship cricket.
- Manchester United yet to bid for Toby Alderweireld
- United's record in opening-day fixtures
- Greg Hardy KO's Opponent in 17 Seconds for Second UFC Win
- Syrian First Lady Asma Assad treated for breast cancer
- Emery set for baptism of fire as Arsenal host Man City
- Death toll in Indonesia quake rises to 164
- Everton and Manchester United Battling For Kurt Zouma, Talks Opened
- Argentine Senate rejects historic abortion law
- Chelsea, Real Madrid agree to Thibaut Courtois deal
- Facebook sorry that balloons appeared in Indonesia quake messages