The north Londoners might not have any new arrivals to grace their team this season, but the Argentine is content to work with the squad that helped them to finish third last term.
"We are happy with our squad and we can not improve our squad".
"The players who replaced others did not perform at a good level and, when individuals do that, it is hard for the team to play well", he said after the game against Chris Hughton's side.
"Of course it's hard to understand for people that Tottenham didn't sign or sell players, but sometimes in football you need to behave differently".
Mourinho asked a question about his own future when he offered up Martial as one of the big-names United should sell this summer and if the striker is still in his squad when the transfer window shuts at 5pm tomorrow, he will have his answer.
"We lost Riyad Mahrez who was an important player for us".
Asked why the club have struggled to recruit players this summer, Pochettino replied: "The market was insane".
Having already sold Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus during this transfer window, club president Florentino Perez needs to add a "Galactico" to his Real Madrid squad in order to appease restless fans and he has apparently identified Eriksen as the man he wants at the Bernabeu.
Pochettino's side get their Premier League campaign up and running away at Newcastle United on Saturday and the manager accepts he has hard team selection decisions ahead.
"I believe in the way that we work and I have no doubt we will be competitive, with or without signings".
"I am not anxious, not sad, I am so happy".
Spurs' Premier League campaign begins with a trip to Newcastle on Saturday.
"I am so happy in the way they come back to training on Monday".
"I am so proud, they were very focused and tried to arrive in a good condition". That's normal. Some players will be fit to start the game.
- American Horror Story Season 8 Cast - Coven Returning For Apocalypse
- I am judged for my decisions: Priyanka Chopra
- Premier League CEO reveals his dislike for Man City's dominance
- Argentine Senate rejects historic abortion law
- Transfer deadline day: Manchester United 'launch shock Diego Godin bid'
- CPS urges moms to breastfeed
- Coroner States That Margot Kidder's Death Was An Intentional Overdose
- The Academy announces new changes to the Oscars, including popular film category
- Israel intercepts second medical supply boat for Gaza
- Alexa will soon answer old questions months after you’ve asked