Tottenham have become the first team in Premier League history not to make a summer signing since the transfer window's inception in 2003.
He is particularly pleased with the work they have done to extend the contract of World Cup Golden Boot victor Kane, who had been linked to Manchester United and Real Madrid.
"We have a very good squad, with very good players and it is very hard to add players to that", Pochettino said. I think the club made a massive effort to try to extend contracts with people like Harry Kane.
"The club is doing an awesome effort to try to finish the stadium as soon as possible, and the lodge finished at the training ground".
"Of course it's hard to understand for people that Tottenham didn't sign or sell players, but sometimes in football you need to behave differently". If we are happy with our squad and can not improve our squad, sometimes it's better to keep our squad together. It is better to keep our squad all together.
"We didn't sell players and with 25 players in the squad it is hard to add players".
Villa's new executive chairman Nassef Sawiris has made clear the 22-year-old is not for sale and has rebuffed an approach from Tottenham, the player's long-time suitors. "Until the game finishes you can't say it is the end of the game but in four hours it will be hard to sign players".
Grealish is not the only high-profile player who will wake up today agonising over his future on the final day of the transfer window.
So six of Tottenham's fringe players have been ruled out but Pochettino is also sweating on the fitness of several of his first team regulars after many returned back late to pre-season following their exploits at the World Cup. There is no point talking about players at another club.
"I am happy with the squad, happy with the players".
The Tottenham manager had challenged his club to be "brave and take risks" when asked what Tottenham needed to do to improve their squad.
- The Perseid meteor shower is underway
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 launch; How to watch live stream
- Transfer deadline day: Manchester United 'launch shock Diego Godin bid'
- India vs England: Rain Plays Spoilsport on Opening Day of Lord's Test
- United's record in opening-day fixtures
- Napolitano: Judge in Manafort Trial Showing an 'Extraordinary Bias' Against the Government
- Greg Hardy KO's Opponent in 17 Seconds for Second UFC Win
- Vidal excited to play with Messi after 'dream' Barcelona move
- Death toll in Indonesia quake rises to 164
- Manchester United yet to bid for Toby Alderweireld