The Perseids, which are the most famous summer meteors, will reach peak on Sunday 12th August up to early hours of Monday 13th August.
The shower is expected to peak on the night of Sunday August 12, though Saturday and Monday will also offer excellent views.
The meteors we see in August are fragments left by the comet Swift-Tuttle.
So how do you see it?
And this coming weekend, another cosmic wonder will be lighting up the sky: hundreds of meteors during the annual Perseid meteor shower.
The best time to see those meteors is at around 11 p.m. ET until dawn the next morning.
Unfortunately, you may have to stay up late or set your alarm for an early start if you want to spot the best of the display.
The Perseid meteor shower is one of the brightest and most active meteor showers in the lunar calendar. These internationally recognized areas possess an exceptional quality of starry nights, making them ideal for shows like this one.
According to NASA meteor expert Bill Cooke, the shower should feature 60 to 70 meteors per hour at its peak.
During the maximum, or peak, Sunday night and early Monday morning, it could be possible to catch as many as 110 meteors in an hour, or almost two per minute on average.
What do I need to see them?Meteors can appear anywhere in the sky so try and find an open area, away from street lights. He added that it takes at least 30 minutes for human eyes to adjust, so be patient and that you can expect to be outdoors for a few hours.
"The Perseids appear to radiate from the constellation Perseus, visible in the northern sky soon after sunset this time of year".
A cloudy night could still scupper your chances of spotting any meteors, however, so keep your eye on weather forecasts.
- American Horror Story Season 8 Cast - Coven Returning For Apocalypse
- CPS urges moms to breastfeed
- Grieving orca still swimming with her dead calf off Washington coast
- 5 things to know about the new FIX PUBG initiative
- Another strong quake hits Indonesia's Lombok, witnesses say buildings have collapsed
- Mi A2 Review | The New Best Phone Under Rs. 20000?
- Chase Elliott earns win at Watkins Glen
- Coroner States That Margot Kidder's Death Was An Intentional Overdose
- Ko ready to give it all in British Open crunchtime
- Gates says he helped Manafort hide payments