Chelsea winger Willian has admitted his admiration for former manager and current Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho, and while he has a contract with Chelsea through the summer of 2020, he's hoping to team up with his former gaffer in the future.
We last kicked off with a home defeat in 2014, when a Gylfi Sigurdsson-inspired Swansea City beat United in Louis van Gaal's first game as manager.
"If Liverpool can get some impetus, then we don't know how Manchester City will react under pressure if a team can stay close to them at the end of the season".
As United dither, Liverpool have emerged as second favourites for the title behind City after splashing over £170 million (US$220 million) on goalkeeper Alisson and midfielders Fabinho, Naby Keita and Xherdan Shaqiri.
Talking of Liverpool, Jurgen Klopp's men completed their pre-season schedule with a 3-1 victory against Italian side Torino last night.
Premier League and EFL clubs have precious little time left to bring in the players they need for the coming months, with another opportunity not arising until the January window. "However, individually the players can improve", Guardiola said during the Sky Sports Premier League launch.
"We could also see Danny Drinkwater leaving Chelsea, clubs like Everton, West Ham, Leicester City interested in taking him". It is going to be challenging, particularly for the promoted clubs, who effectively have two-and-a-half weeks less. But the decision has been made and we'll analyse it in September when it's all over.
"That, they thought, transcended all the other challenges".
- Coroner States That Margot Kidder's Death Was An Intentional Overdose
- Apple removes most of Alex Jones's podcasts from iTunes
- Israeli air strikes 'kill woman and toddler'
- Tiger Woods has brief practice, recovering physically before PGA Championship
- Ko ready to give it all in British Open crunchtime
- Chase Elliott earns win at Watkins Glen
- UK PM May urges Boris Johnson to apologise for burqa comments
- 5 things to know about the new FIX PUBG initiative
- NASA to launch solar probe that will study the sun's atmosphere
- Man Utd legend Neville: Chelsea will miss Courtois