And Rooney agrees with his former manager, claiming they need at least two new faces to have any chance of dethroning champions Manchester City.
They stormed to the title last season, finishing 19 points ahead of second-placed United and breaking numerous records in the process.
The window closes on Thursday Aug. 9, three weeks sooner than normal, with the Premier League season starting on Saturday. Arsenal have been doing really well in pre-season, Manchester United are always going to be strong.
Manchester City will attempt to become the first team to defend their title since the Red Devils achieved the feat in 2009.
But his skills behind the wheel might need a bit more honing before his Anfield team-mates allow him to drive them forward off the pitch as well as on it.
Arsenal look set to change kit provider next season, according to the Daily Mail.
"However, individually the players can improve", Guardiola said during the Sky Sports Premier League launch.
With this year's deadline taking place much earlier than usual - it's normally the end of August - the Premier League has revealed there will be a review.
"As with all these things, it's only when it comes upon people - but again it wasn't a unanimous decision to do it, so there's bound to be some dissent still around".
The West London side have now substantially improved their offer to £14million as they look to persuade Southampton to sell the 22-year-old.
Who's going down? Cardiff City, Huddersfield Town, Watford.
"I speak to clubs who say: 'This is fantastic, we knew what the deadline was and we've worked to that.' But there are other clubs who say they haven't got time and wish we hadn't chose to do it". "But there are other clubs who say they haven't got time and wish we hadn't chose to do it".
- Blizzard confirms "multiple Diablo projects" in production, news by end of 2018
- Ko ready to give it all in British Open crunchtime
- Oscars introduce new award for outstanding popular film
- Kim & Khloé Kardashian Tear Shreds Off Kourtney's Ex Younes On Social Media
- NYC votes to cap Uber and Lyft vehicles
- Tiger Woods has brief practice, recovering physically before PGA Championship
- United States to slap 25% tariffs on another US$16b in Chinese goods
- Sen. Rand Paul says he delivered Trump letter to Putin
- First round of United States tariffs on Chinese goods to hit $50B - USTR
- Chase Elliott earns win at Watkins Glen