While the 500 Million Limited Edition DualShock 4 does come with the system, it can also be purchased as a standalone item for $64.99.
Sony has reached an impressive milestone: in the 24 years since the original PlayStation launched in Japan in December of 1994, the company has sold over 500 million PlayStation consoles (525.3 million, to be exact). That's more than you get with most of the console bundles that Sony sells, though unfortunately, there isn't a game packed in.
Those that enjoy the little details will be happy to know that there will be a copper plate affixed to the front, each stamped with a unique number. The PS4 Pro also comes with a 2TB drive, PlayStation Camera, Vertical Stand and mono headset. Examples include 09995 (Sept. 9th, 1995, US PlayStation launch), 01115 (Nov. 15, 2013, US PS4 launch) and 01013 (Oct. 13, 2016, US PS VR launch). The one you buy might even feature the PS4 USA release date serial number 01115, or 01013 for the PSVR launch date. But hey, if anyone's willing to toss me $500, I'll be happy to pick up one and show it off for you. The matching DualShock 4 controller will be available separately for $64.99, while Sony will also launch a limited edition Gold Wireless Headset featuring the same translucent blue design with copper accents for $99.99. The system goes on sale on August 24 - keep an eye on the console's official PlayStation.com page for a list of participating retailers.
- Georgia accuses Russian Federation of military buildup as Moscow warns of 'terrible conflict'
- Transfer deadline day: Manchester United 'launch shock Diego Godin bid'
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 launch; How to watch live stream
- Death toll in Indonesia quake rises to 164
- The Roku Channel Is Now Free on the Web
- Chelsea, Real Madrid agree to Thibaut Courtois deal
- Tribune calls off $3.9 billion Sinclair media deal
- United's record in opening-day fixtures
- I am judged for my decisions: Priyanka Chopra
- Everton and Manchester United Battling For Kurt Zouma, Talks Opened