Some Sonic the Hedgehog fans may not be familiar with Schwartz, and may be anxious about his ability to do Sonic justice on the big screen.
Schwartz joins a cast that includes James Marsden, Tika Sumpter, and Jim Carrey. However, now we know who will be voicing the blue speedster: Parks and Recreation's Ben Schwartz. Since then, Sonic has spawned endless video games, cartoons, and even the longest running comic book based on a video game. There's Dewy from the new Duck Tales, who is blue.
Paramount Pictures' live-action Sonic the Hedgehog movie is moving fast and loose - in more ways than one! Whether or not it lives up to the hype remains to be seen, but it's nice to see that Schwartz seems genuinely confident about the project. On top of that, Schwartz also provides the voice of the blue clad Dewey Duck on Disney XD's revamp of DuckTales.
The actor confirmed that he would play longtime Sonic nemesis Doctor Robotnik, and that he was involved in a live-action capacity, according to a recent report. The film is set to be directed by Jeff Fowler, who previously worked on the Oscar-nominated Gopher Broke. The film is now scheduled to hit theaters on November 15, 2019, so stay tuned for more.
- Everton and Manchester United Battling For Kurt Zouma, Talks Opened
- Ruby Rose cast as lesbian superhero Batwoman for The CW
- Apple removes most of Alex Jones's podcasts from iTunes
- Transfer deadline day: Manchester United 'launch shock Diego Godin bid'
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd boss 'not confident' of deadline day signing
- Premier League CEO reveals his dislike for Man City's dominance
- Another strong quake hits Indonesia's Lombok, witnesses say buildings have collapsed
- Chelsea set for record Kepa swoop as transfer deadline looms
- Emery set for baptism of fire as Arsenal host Man City
- Perseid meteor shower: how to see shooting stars this weekend