Pochettino, who also has to contend with a midfield injury crisis and an as-yet barren transfer window, saw a side featuring six academy products defeat AC Milan 1-0 in Minneapolis to provide a winning end to their USA tour.
"To compete against a very good side, just like Barcelona and Roma, and to gain that experience for a lot of youngsters is fantastic".
An angry Mourinho had said: "I wouldn't spend my money to see these teams", after his below-strength side lost 4-1 to Liverpool in the Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor on Saturday in front of a crowd of more than 100,000.
Spurs' tour of the United States has seen a number of fringe players and prospects given an opportunity as injuries and post-World Cup breaks have kept first-team stars out.
Pochettino's men finished their overseas tour with another win and with positives to take after the displays of the younger members of their squad.
With France, Croatia, England and Belgium finishing as the top four teams in Russian Federation, many players of the top clubs, like Paul Pogba, Antoine Griezmann, Kylian Mbappe, Jesse Lingard and many more have yet to report at their club camps.
"That is the reality that is for us a massive challenge, because for us it never happened before and we need to be careful".
"Levy time" and "getting Levy'd" are well-known and affectionate phrases in the Tottenham vernacular, and when the club's supporters enter their new home for the first time in September they will surely be full of praise for their chairman's efforts. "They need to feel very proud about the youngsters".
'Football is about energy, about desire, about respect for yourself and your teammates, being professional. "Luke Amos is a good example", Pochettino said.
Tottenham play Milan in their final ICC game at the U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, before flying back to Europe for a final friendly against Girona.
"Maybe some players looked after themselves and they've been training, maybe others rested".
'I'm in my fifth year, do you think I am going to be scared to play him?' Pochettino said.
- The ultimatum that Harry And Meghan have reportedly given their friends
- Oscars introduce new award for outstanding popular film
- Mosquitoes Test Positive For West Nile In Wethersfield
- Carrie Underwood, Mike Fisher expecting baby No. 2
- Russia names Steven Seagal special envoy to U.S.
- Failure to reach Brexit deal looking more likely, says United Kingdom minister
- Google's Pixel 3 XL Leaks in All Its Glory
- Sen. Rand Paul says he delivered Trump letter to Putin
- Catherine Oxenberg on learning her daughter had been branded by Nxivm
- Iran sanctions: U.S. can't stop our oil exports, says minister