"I hope to achieve this goal here with Barcelona".
Abidal responded: "We don't talk about players from another club so I won't answer to this". To have arrived at Barcelona is a bigger step than that of Bayern Munich.
Barcelona last won the Champions League in 2015, beating Juventus in the final.
Midfielder Arturo Vidal, who recently transferred to FC Barcelona from Bayern Munich, held his first training with the Catalan football giants. As well as his three Bundesliga titles he also helped the club win the DFB-Pokal in 2016 and the German Super Cup twice. I am here to win all the trophies available and I will give everything on the pitch to achieve this.
"I'm here to compete for a place among the best", said Vidal, who was accompanied by his son, Alonso, and dressed in black for the presentation.
"I am excited to play with Messi, Suarez, Sergio Busquets. they are all great players", he said, adding that hopefully he can win three Champions League titles during the next three seasons.
Vidal is the third Chilean player to wear the Barcelona jersey after his teammates at the national team, Alexis Sanchez and Claudio Bravo.
"The most important thing is to have Arturo here", Abidal told a news conference.
Barca has already signed Arthur, Malcom and Clement Lenglet this close-season, while Andres Iniesta, Paulinho, Lucas Digne and Gerard Deulofeu are among those who have left.
- Manchester United yet to bid for Toby Alderweireld
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd boss 'not confident' of deadline day signing
- The voice of BB8 is now the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog
- PS4 Pro is getting a 500 Million Limited Edition release
- UK PM May urges Boris Johnson to apologise for burqa comments
- United's record in opening-day fixtures
- Greg Hardy KO's Opponent in 17 Seconds for Second UFC Win
- Georgia accuses Russian Federation of military buildup as Moscow warns of 'terrible conflict'
- Khalil Mack trade rumors: Los Angeles Rams should make a deal
- Transfer deadline day: Manchester United 'launch shock Diego Godin bid'