"I hope to achieve this goal here with Barcelona".
Abidal responded: "We don't talk about players from another club so I won't answer to this". To have arrived at Barcelona is a bigger step than that of Bayern Munich.
Barcelona last won the Champions League in 2015, beating Juventus in the final.
Midfielder Arturo Vidal, who recently transferred to FC Barcelona from Bayern Munich, held his first training with the Catalan football giants. As well as his three Bundesliga titles he also helped the club win the DFB-Pokal in 2016 and the German Super Cup twice. I am here to win all the trophies available and I will give everything on the pitch to achieve this.
"I'm here to compete for a place among the best", said Vidal, who was accompanied by his son, Alonso, and dressed in black for the presentation.
"I am excited to play with Messi, Suarez, Sergio Busquets. they are all great players", he said, adding that hopefully he can win three Champions League titles during the next three seasons.
Vidal is the third Chilean player to wear the Barcelona jersey after his teammates at the national team, Alexis Sanchez and Claudio Bravo.
"The most important thing is to have Arturo here", Abidal told a news conference.
Barca has already signed Arthur, Malcom and Clement Lenglet this close-season, while Andres Iniesta, Paulinho, Lucas Digne and Gerard Deulofeu are among those who have left.
- Indonesia's Lombok Island hit by deadly natural disaster
- Napolitano: Judge in Manafort Trial Showing an 'Extraordinary Bias' Against the Government
- Argentine Senate rejects historic abortion law
- Tribune calls off $3.9 billion Sinclair media deal
- Khalil Mack trade rumors: Los Angeles Rams should make a deal
- United's record in opening-day fixtures
- Study finds female doctors better for heart patients
- Everton and Manchester United Battling For Kurt Zouma, Talks Opened
- Manchester United yet to bid for Toby Alderweireld
- UK PM May urges Boris Johnson to apologise for burqa comments