The decision to completely pull the other shows, including "The Alex Jones Show" and "War Room", represents a broader effort than those made by other companies in recent days to stop disseminating material associated with Jones, whom the Southern Poverty Law Center calls "the most prolific conspiracy theorist in contemporary America". YouTube recently removed Alex Jones' and InfoWars' channels, but similarly to Apple, the InfoWars app remains available in the Google Play Store.
Jones, who has 858,000 followers on Twitter, has built up his profile while promulgating conspiracy theories, including the claim that the 9/11 terror attacks were carried out by the government. On Twitter Wednesday, Dorsey said the appearance on Hannity's radio program has been planned "for weeks".
The Infowars app functions much differently than the podcasts, potentially explaining the differences in enforcement.
"We continue to monitor apps for violations of our guidelines and if we find content that violates our guidelines and is harmful to users we will remove those apps from the store as we have done previously", Apple said.
You need only read about the struggles of the parents of Noah Pozner, a six-year-old victim of the Sandy Hook massacre, to understand just how evil and hate-filled Alex Jones is.
He now admits the shooting occurred but says his claims were free speech. "We take those behaviors as signals and I do want to point out that these signals evolve minute by minute, hourly by hourly, these are not scarlet permanent letters that people then take on as a badge and will never be ranked high in search or not allowed to trend or ranked high in conversations".
Jones has also claimed that the September 11, 2001 attacks on NY and Washington were staged by the United States government.
Spotify, YouTube, and Facebook have all only removed several individual broadcasts by Jones.
Removing the hate-mongering Alex Jones from his platforms is a huge step forward in the fight against fake news.
Regarding what does constitute a violation of Twitter's rules, Dorsey said "any sort of violent speech - encouragement toward violence, harassment - is directly against our terms of service, and we take immediate action on it".
- Barcelona duo Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes join Everton
- Facebook sorry that balloons appeared in Indonesia quake messages
- Replace Betsy DeVos With LeBron James, Online Petition Asks
- Children among dozens killed in Yemen air strike
- The Perseid meteor shower is underway
- A popular film category is coming to the Oscars
- Melania Trump's parents given citizenship under rules their son-in-law wants to eliminate
- European Tour Pay Wrong Tommy Fleetwood €133k Open Prize Money
- Takht: Karan Johar Brings Together A Dream Team!
- Druze army vets campaign against Israel’s Jewish state law