At least four people were killed in a shooting incident in the eastern Canadian city of Fredericton, police said on Friday.
A journalist earlier reported that four shots had been heard at around 8.20am local time (12.20pm GMT).
Several police, firefighters and paramedics are at the scene. "We will provide more details as soon as we can", city police tweeted.
Fredericton Police said they were responding to the incident in the Brookside Drive area.
They have advised residents of Brookside Drive to "stay in their homes with doors locked at this time for their safety".
The force said on its Twitter feed that the "incident is ongoing", and confirmed at least four people have died. More information will be available when we can.
Fredericton is in New Brunswick province, about 50 miles northeast of the USA border with Maine. The circumstances of the shooting are unclear at this point.
This is a developing story, check back for updates.
- France uses helicopters to rescue 750 campers amid flash floods
- Perseid Meteor Shower To Put On Brilliant Show This Weekend
- Eagles, 'Fins players protest during anthem
- Barcelona duo Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes join Everton
- Korea slams USA officials for sanctions
- Everton seal sensational Bernard, Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes triple swoop
- Wake Forest assistant coach faces assault charges in man's death
- Milinkovic-Savic focused on Lazio as transfer talk continues
- José Mourinho does not expect any Manchester United deadline-day signings
- Mourinho doesn't envisage Yerry Mina at Manchester United