As fate would have it, the Panthers and Bills will meet Thursday night in Buffalo for their first preseason game. In fact, things may have escalated.
The conversation continued until Benjamin said something to Newton that had Newton gesturing that he was finished with him. The beef stems from this quote from Benjamin speaking to The Athletic on his time in Carolina. "I get it. I know what that's like, but you'd like to see him kind of move forward to his new team and embrace his new opportunity, rather than kind of go personal on it".
Benjamin had plenty to say in an interview that came out last Saturday, calling his tenure in Carolina a "bad fit from the get-go" and speculating he might have been more successful had he played with "any other quarterback".
"If you would've put me with any other quarterback, let's be real, you know what I'm saying?"
Newton did his best to sidestep the comments by Benjamin.
Charlotte Observer visual journalist Jeff Siner captured the exchange, which quickly lit up social media.
When Benjamin said Newton was an inaccurate passer last week, the quarterback didn't seem bothered by it.
- Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius given standing ovation upon Anfield return
- U.S. sanctions 'categorically unacceptable,' says Putin spokesman
- Milinkovic-Savic focused on Lazio as transfer talk continues
- Abby Huntsman Expected to Join ‘The View’ at ABC
- Devin Nunes Talks About Protecting Trump on Leaked Audio
- Perseid Meteor Shower To Put On Brilliant Show This Weekend
- Wake Forest assistant coach faces assault charges in man's death
- Japan Medical School Apologizes for Hurting Women’s Admissions Chances
- PGA Championship: Davis Love III to make 100th major appearance
- Mourinho doesn't envisage Yerry Mina at Manchester United