Courtney Smith's attorney also felt the need to "set the record straight" about her client, including in the statement that Courtney was not paid for her interviews with Stadium, has tried to press charges against Zach and that Courtney has never committed a criminal offense.
The university is investigating whether head football coach Urban Meyer and other employees followed proper protocol in reporting the incident, and the school said in a statement Sunday night that it expects to complete its investigation into the matter within two weeks.
In the wake of an Ohio State investigation into Urban Meyers possible knowledge of domestic abuse allegations against a former assistant, during which the decorated coach has been placed on paid administrative leave, a number of Buckeyes fans are showing support for the coach.
Well, Ohio State did appoint a six-person "independent" working group last week that includes three Board of Trustees members, and announced that the investigation into Meyer's actions is expected to wrap up within 14 days.
It is unclear whether or not OSU policy requires a school representative to reach out to the alleged victim in a case like this.
"Ms. Smith is cautiously optimistic that The Ohio State University's investigative committee will determine if proper reporting protocol was followed upon learning of the ongoing abuse allegations against Zach Smith", Leveridge said in the statement. Zach Smith denied committing domestic abuse in a radio interview last week.
OSU launched its probe after Courtney Smith, who divorced Zach Smith in 2016, reportedly provided evidence that she told Meyers wife at the time of Smiths alleged abuse in 2015.
The Buckeyes open the season September 1 against Oregon State.
Courtney Smith's attorney said in a statement that Smith will cooperate with the university's investigation.
According to the new report, Smith, who was sacked earlier this summer, received a much-smaller raise following the 2015 season than he did in other years.
- Apple Boots Alex Jones From iTunes For Hate Speech
- Korea slams USA officials for sanctions
- Milinkovic-Savic focused on Lazio as transfer talk continues
- Replace Betsy DeVos With LeBron James, Online Petition Asks
- U.S. sanctions 'categorically unacceptable,' says Putin spokesman
- Brad Pitt says he has given Angelina Jolie millions since split
- Wake Forest assistant coach faces assault charges in man's death
- Perseid Meteor Shower To Put On Brilliant Show This Weekend
- Hamas threatens Israel after two fighters killed
- Children among dozens killed in Yemen air strike