However it seems that the world's 11th best player, according to the rankings, wasn't the Tommy Fleetwood who was paid and instead it was a club professional based in Florida who has played in the European Senior Tour four times.
The problem: It went to the wrong Tommy Fleetwood.
Break30, aka Greg Thorner, posted on Twitter a friend of his made the windfall. That's when I realised it must be the other Tommy Fleetwood.
"My friend Tommy is club pro at the Streamsong Resort in Central Florida and I was with him there today when he received a notification on his cellphone", Thorner, a teaching pro from Tampa, said.
This being said, he might want to give the relevant PGA offices a ring to check if they've got his proper bank details ahead of the next tournament!
The much older Fleetwood has also been a pro golfer - he's now attempting to get onto the senior tour.
"My friend Tommy is a good guy and would always pay it back, even though he could do with the money as he broke his driver the other day and is struggling to buy a new one".
It took me about an hour to get that sorted out, and I have plenty more stories like that.
"At least, he can always say he won $150,000 at the Open".
Meanwhile, there are two Zach Johnsons playing at the 100th USPGA.
"I honestly didn't know anything about it", the Fleetwood who had actually competed at The Open told The Guardian.
Fleetwood, who begins his PGA Championship bid at Bellerive on Thursday, said: "It looks pretty genuine".
The tour have apologised to both Fleetwoods, while the better known one's wife and manager Clare was off to check their bank account.
- US Space Force: America to 'establish space dominance' by 2020
- Transfer deadline day: Barcelona confirm two players have joined Premier League club
- Khalil Mack trade rumors: Los Angeles Rams should make a deal
- Ikea India launches with Hyderabad megastore
- Children among dozens killed in Yemen air strike
- Vidal excited to play with Messi after 'dream' Barcelona move
- Michael Moore Releases Trailer For Anti-Trump Film "Fahrenheit 11/9"
- Druze army vets campaign against Israel’s Jewish state law
- Greg Hardy KO's Opponent in 17 Seconds for Second UFC Win
- The Perseid meteor shower is underway