Klopp used a typically colourful analogy as he discussed the upcoming season ahead of Liverpool's opening game against West Ham, which takes place on Sunday, likening is team to the underdog boxer played by Sylvester Stallone in this year's battle for the title.
"We did not reach anything yet, we have been in finals and if we get there again we should try to win it".
"It's pretty normal that there would be one point where we spent a bit more money. We had to create a squad which is strong enough and wide enough to cope with the Premier League".
"Liverpool will give the title a go, they're the second best now, I think they've bought very well, very well", Merson told Sky Sports.
"It is about how we deliver and how we fight against the other Premier League teams".
"It is hard for us and the other teams too".
"We are the ones who have to do more and fight more - that must be our attitude".
Klopp is yet to win any silverware at Liverpool despite reaching the finals of the 2016 League Cup and Europa League and last season's Champions League, believes Liverpool need some good fortune.
"The league is exactly the same". We know that. We have to be more clinical in the right moments, we have to be more aggressive in the right moments.
Michael Owen predicted where his former club Liverpool will finish n the Premier League this season, when writing a blog for BETVICTOR, suggesting that Jürgen Klopp's side will be Manchester City's closest challengers come what May.
"I don't think too much about it".
The Reds were one of the most exciting teams to watch in world football last season, thrilling fans with their own unique brand of expansive, high-octane football. We need to improve everything.
- Cam Newton Gets In Heated Altercation With Kelvin Benjamin
- Abby Huntsman Expected to Join ‘The View’ at ABC
- Devin Nunes Talks About Protecting Trump on Leaked Audio
- Facebook Adds AR Games into Messenger Video Chat
- Perseid Meteor Shower To Put On Brilliant Show This Weekend
- Milinkovic-Savic focused on Lazio as transfer talk continues
- Coaches, players still off-limits at Ohio State
- Wake Forest assistant coach faces assault charges in man's death
- Turkish currency implodes as diplomatic rift with USA reaches new low
- France uses helicopters to rescue 750 campers amid flash floods