Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma is yet to travel to Merseyside despite Everton trying to push through a deal to sign him on loan.
After a serious injury, Zouma spent last season at Stoke City and endured a hard season as the Potters suffered the ignomy of relegation to the Championship. And, Manchester United and Everton are interested.
But heading into the 2018/19 campaign, Marco Silva could partner two of the most promising young centre-backs around at Goodison Park.
"Capped twice by France, he lifted the League Cup under Jose Mourinho in 2015".
Everton filed a deal sheet ahead of Thursday's 5pm deadline, but concerns were raised when no announcement was made this morning despite expectations that the transfer would be completed. But, before suffering that awful cruciate ligament injury in the spring of 2016, Zouma was seen as one of the best young defenders around.
The 23-year-old certainly needs to play regularly and maybe joining Everton is not the worst deal that we could get for the defender.
The Toffees significantly bolstered their squad on transfer deadline day with the arrivals of Bernard, Andre Gomes and Yerry Mina, but their business is not yet done, with a temporary move for Zouma in the pipeline.
- France uses helicopters to rescue 750 campers amid flash floods
- Samsung to plug $160bn into new technology in major growth push
- Coaches, players still off-limits at Ohio State
- 'Firenado' towers over factory blaze in Derbyshire
- Fortnite: Rick & Morty Fans Are Calling Out New Galaxy Skin
- Mourinho doesn't envisage Yerry Mina at Manchester United
- Wake Forest assistant coach faces assault charges in man's death
- Apple Boots Alex Jones From iTunes For Hate Speech
- Ryanair pilots strike in Germany and elsewhere in Europe
- Korea slams USA officials for sanctions