Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma is yet to travel to Merseyside despite Everton trying to push through a deal to sign him on loan.
After a serious injury, Zouma spent last season at Stoke City and endured a hard season as the Potters suffered the ignomy of relegation to the Championship. And, Manchester United and Everton are interested.
But heading into the 2018/19 campaign, Marco Silva could partner two of the most promising young centre-backs around at Goodison Park.
"Capped twice by France, he lifted the League Cup under Jose Mourinho in 2015".
Everton filed a deal sheet ahead of Thursday's 5pm deadline, but concerns were raised when no announcement was made this morning despite expectations that the transfer would be completed. But, before suffering that awful cruciate ligament injury in the spring of 2016, Zouma was seen as one of the best young defenders around.
The 23-year-old certainly needs to play regularly and maybe joining Everton is not the worst deal that we could get for the defender.
The Toffees significantly bolstered their squad on transfer deadline day with the arrivals of Bernard, Andre Gomes and Yerry Mina, but their business is not yet done, with a temporary move for Zouma in the pipeline.
- Taliban storms strategic Afghan city
- Fortnite: Rick & Morty Fans Are Calling Out New Galaxy Skin
- Cam Newton Gets In Heated Altercation With Kelvin Benjamin
- Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius given standing ovation upon Anfield return
- Indonesia natural disaster : Third strong quake hits tourist island of Lombok
- Four clubs spend 40% of Premier League's £1.2bn outlay
- Dez Bryant Announces Visit With Cleveland Browns
- U.S. sanctions 'categorically unacceptable,' says Putin spokesman
- Tense calm, cease-fire follows another Hamas-Israel flare-up
- James Bond producers eyeing Idris Elba as next 007