US President Donald Trump, who was named the sole recipient of the petition, recently mocked James on Twitter, responding to criticism from the four-time NBA MVP over the leader's stance on the National Football League anthem protests.
Thousands of people have signed a petition supporting the idea of having National Basketball Association superstar LeBron James replace current Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos.
During a recent conversation with Don Lemon, LeBron had this to say regarding Trump, "What I've noticed over the past few months, he's kinda used sports to kinda divide us, and that's something that I can't relate to".
Trump tweeted on August 4: "Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon".
Now, thousands are petitioning for LeBron James to take over education in the United States.
James and current Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos, are each of the two "candidates" listed on the petition. He made Lebron look smart, which isn't easy to do.
Curry has a history of criticizing the president and even went as far as to call him an "ass" in an interview earlier this year. Six days after James opened his "I Promise" school in Akron, a public school aimed at educating underserved youth, Curry, along with his wife Ayesha, opened the Stephen and Ayesha Curry Family Foundation Education Lab at Bushrod Recreation Center in Oakland, a few rooms away from the gym he refurbished in January. 'If that's stupid, I wonder what he'd call Betsy DeVos for doing absolutely nothing for schools and children across America'.
The people have spoken - and they want King James. Trump's school settled a lawsuit for $25 million after scamming students out of money and providing them nothing in return.
- India vs England: Rain Plays Spoilsport on Opening Day of Lord's Test
- Druze army vets campaign against Israel’s Jewish state law
- PS4 Pro is getting a 500 Million Limited Edition release
- Transfer deadline day: Barcelona confirm two players have joined Premier League club
- US Space Force: America to 'establish space dominance' by 2020
- The Perseid meteor shower is underway
- Vidal excited to play with Messi after 'dream' Barcelona move
- Michael Moore Releases Trailer For Anti-Trump Film "Fahrenheit 11/9"
- Greg Hardy KO's Opponent in 17 Seconds for Second UFC Win
- Suzuki Motor, Mazda, Yamaha admit false emissions data