Indian filmmaker, producer and television personality, Karan Johar is returning to direction after a hiatus of two years.
With Takht going on the floors next year, the silver screen will for the first time see Ranveer and Kareena together. So, one can assume that Karan might be the reason why Kareena has agreed to come on board along with Ranveer Singh. As the name suggests, it is a period drama set in the times of Mughal dynasty.
Johar's Dharma Productions will produce the film. In his tweet, Karan Johar gave us a sneak peek into the film's plot and wrote: "An incredible story embedded in history, an epic battle for the majestic Mughal throne". Her brothers were Dara Shikoh and Aurangzeb. He further added that the film is a story of a family, ambition, greed, betrayal, love and succession.
Ranveer, who has previously starred in historicals like Bajirao Mastani and Padmaavat, says he is "Proud, excited and honoured to be a part of Karan Johar's multi-starrer historical magnum opus". The company had two recent back-to-back hits with "Raazi" and "Dhadak".
The film is slated to release in 2020 and with this announcement, Bollywood fans are left with a lot of curiosity and excitement.
- Indonesia's Lombok Island hit by deadly natural disaster
- Suzuki Motor, Mazda, Yamaha admit false emissions data
- Napolitano: Judge in Manafort Trial Showing an 'Extraordinary Bias' Against the Government
- Georgia accuses Russian Federation of military buildup as Moscow warns of 'terrible conflict'
- Michael Moore Releases Trailer For Anti-Trump Film "Fahrenheit 11/9"
- Tribune calls off $3.9 billion Sinclair media deal
- Facebook sorry that balloons appeared in Indonesia quake messages
- The Roku Channel Is Now Free on the Web
- PS4 Pro is getting a 500 Million Limited Edition release
- India vs England: Rain Plays Spoilsport on Opening Day of Lord's Test