Indian filmmaker, producer and television personality, Karan Johar is returning to direction after a hiatus of two years.
With Takht going on the floors next year, the silver screen will for the first time see Ranveer and Kareena together. So, one can assume that Karan might be the reason why Kareena has agreed to come on board along with Ranveer Singh. As the name suggests, it is a period drama set in the times of Mughal dynasty.
Johar's Dharma Productions will produce the film. In his tweet, Karan Johar gave us a sneak peek into the film's plot and wrote: "An incredible story embedded in history, an epic battle for the majestic Mughal throne". Her brothers were Dara Shikoh and Aurangzeb. He further added that the film is a story of a family, ambition, greed, betrayal, love and succession.
Ranveer, who has previously starred in historicals like Bajirao Mastani and Padmaavat, says he is "Proud, excited and honoured to be a part of Karan Johar's multi-starrer historical magnum opus". The company had two recent back-to-back hits with "Raazi" and "Dhadak".
The film is slated to release in 2020 and with this announcement, Bollywood fans are left with a lot of curiosity and excitement.
- Druze army vets campaign against Israel’s Jewish state law
- Georgia accuses Russian Federation of military buildup as Moscow warns of 'terrible conflict'
- Suzuki Motor, Mazda, Yamaha admit false emissions data
- The Perseid meteor shower is underway
- A popular film category is coming to the Oscars
- The voice of BB8 is now the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Transfer deadline day: Barcelona confirm two players have joined Premier League club
- Mauricio Pochettino backs Tottenham to improve despite lack of signings
- Greg Hardy KO's Opponent in 17 Seconds for Second UFC Win
- Napolitano: Judge in Manafort Trial Showing an 'Extraordinary Bias' Against the Government