If you're a big enough Marvel fan, this is the sort of news that could get you looking for an excuse - any excuse - to clear your calendar in short order. In celebration of this milestone, Marvel is going to spend a week at the end of August leading into September screening all twenty of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies in IMAX, starting with Iron Man, Hulk, Iron Man 2 and Thor on Thursday, August 30th.
Running from August 30 through September 6, all 20 MCU films from 2008's Iron Man to this year's Ant-Man and the Wasp will play in IMAX theaters.
The screenings will include three films that never got the Imax treatment in their first theatrical go-round: Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk and Captain America: The First Avenger. The seventh day, Wednesday, Sept. 5, will follow with a "Team-Ups" theme and feature Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Captain America: Civil War, The Avengers and Avengers: Infinity War. 6 in select IMAX theaters across the US and Canada.
And the Marvel crew couldn't be more excited, as explained in this promotional video explaining just why it's so important for you to not just watch these movies, but to watch them in IMAX. Finally, the event will wrap up on Sep. You can cast your vote on which two films should make the cut over on @IMAX on Twitter.
- EmuParadise Removes All ROMs to Avoid Legal Trouble After Recent Nintendo Lawsuit
- Chris Smalling: Manchester United are eyeing Premier League glory this season
- Nintendo Sends Out Press Release For Nintendo Switch Online Service
- Judge orders plane carrying deported mother, daughter to turn around
- Nasa space probe will aim to ‘touch’ sun
- How Spotify works with Samsung devices: New partnership and benefits explained
- Kerala: Shutters of Idamalayar dam opened, water level in Periyar river increases
- Several fake Trump stars reportedly appear on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Samsung finally got carriers to agree on same price for Note 9
- Google Makes Embarrassing Error Following Fortnite Android Release