Ocasio-Cortez has been campaigning for likeminded candidates across the country to build a bench of left-wing Democratic-socialist candidates.
The most closely watched contest of the night, however, was next door in OH, where a solitary special election for a conservative-leaning House seat outside Columbus became in recent weeks a momentous test of wills between the two national parties. "Who's ready to roll up her sleeves and get to work".
As for the Democratic primary, Gretchen Whitner, a former legislative leader, won the party's nomination in the gubernatorial race. "We can have an hour long conversation about all the topics under the sun, really probe your belief system".
As of Thursday afternoon, Ocasio-Cortez had not responded to the offer on Twitter.
"Alright, can she name any of them?" he added.
On Friday Shapiro said there was "no question" that Ocasio-Cortez was playing the "victim card".
"However you want to do it, I am more than willing to talk to you", he said, "Let's make America a more civilized and interesting place".
"It's not totally predictive, but I think it's a very good sign that we're going to have an engaged, excited Democratic electorate turning out in November", said Dillon, whose party has struggled with turnout in past midterm elections.
She said earlier this week that "there wasn't a single mom" consulted when the decision was made to switch Flint's water source, which led to lead contamination that has been blamed primarily on Republican Gov. Rick Snyder's administration.
"We are protesting against Vice President Pence because we do not agree with some of the things he agrees with", says one protester.
Ocasio-Cortez gained national attention earlier this year following an upset victory over veteran Rep. Joe Crowley in the Democratic primary for the latter's NY seat.
- Jan Ullrich arrested after allegedly attacking escort in Frankfurt hotel
- Samsung finally got carriers to agree on same price for Note 9
- Nintendo Sends Out Press Release For Nintendo Switch Online Service
- Perseids 2018: Where and how to watch the dazzling meteor shower
- Manchester United transfer woes summed up by Gary Neville's old tweet
- Sports Direct strikes £90m House of Fraser rescue deal
- Premier League interest ratings: This weekend's fixtures ranked
- Zimbabwe presidential inauguration delayed amid court challenge
- Nascar CEO Brian France takes leave of absence after DUI arrest
- Omarosa Claims She Walked In On Trump Eating Paper In Oval Office