Epic had previously confirmed that Fortnite Battle Royale for Android would not be launched on the Google Play Store, and would instead be made available via other means. "See a complete picture of your digital habits and disconnect when you want to".
However, to get the game you will have to install it from a third-party source, which is a bit more complicated than just visiting the Google Play Store. Apple doesn't allow app downloads from anywhere but the official App Store on its mobile devices. Fortnite Android is one of - if not the - most talked about apps available today, and the battle royale trend has been around for a while.
Now, the fundamental difference between iOS and Android, which is open versus closed source will cost Google a hefty amount of money. Thankfully, the Play Store is finally doing something about it. Google has released Android 9 Pie but last years Android 8 Oreo has yet to make it to buyers TVs. Epic will also offer downloads of the game on its website in the coming days for most Android smartphones. While changing them for a one time download is unlikely to harm the majority of folks, it's when they'll fail to set settings back to default that problems might occur. Is Google Play really that much safer?
Malicious developers have already been targeting Android users looking to download Fortnite.
The warning does not appear if you search for Fortnite on the desktop version of the Play Store.
Thoughts? Let us know what you think in the comments section below and stay tuned.
- National Football League preseason quickly claims promising Redskins rookie
- Nintendo Sends Out Press Release For Nintendo Switch Online Service
- Judge orders plane carrying deported mother, daughter to turn around
- Ben Shapiro Offers $10K (Illegally) for Ocasio-Cortez Debate
- EmuParadise Removes All ROMs to Avoid Legal Trouble After Recent Nintendo Lawsuit
- Chris Smalling: Manchester United are eyeing Premier League glory this season
- Sports Direct strikes £90m House of Fraser rescue deal
- Sprint Center announces Drake and Migos concert postponed until Sunday
- Zimbabwe presidential inauguration delayed amid court challenge
- Pique and Sergi Roberto named as new Barcelona captains